epdoc74

Log of blocked calls?

I am a Beta Tester (and just purchased a full year for my wife's iPhone) and see a lot of "Potential Spam" labels, but wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to have a log of the calls that actually get completely blocked so you don't see them. I for one would love to know what and how many calls are being totally blocked. Or am I missing a feature that you already have.

My son Ben, who is a software engineer for MalwareBytes in Tampa, suggested I ask, since this might be pertinent feature to include.

Greetings and welcome,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make sure that the Product team sees it.

If you have any further feedback or suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

Unfortunately, this isn't something we're currently able to do. At this time, iOS does not give us any visibility into which calls have been blocked, or even that calls came in. We're essentially blind... we tell iOS what to block, but Apple gives us nothing in return.

There are good reasons for this. Apple is very careful about protecting your privacy, and giving an app the ability to monitor all your phone calls could lead to some pretty big privacy violations. So I get why this is, but it's still unfortunate that we can't give our customers visibility into what has been blocked.

Perhaps it could be blinded to numbers; would just like to know the number and type of calls blocked. 

Would that be possible?

Nope. We have absolutely no visibility at all as to anything that has been blocked. Apple simply doesn't give apps any way to get that information on iOS.