So since today i suddenly have a virus (presumably adware?) on my adroid phone (samsung galaxy S7).

I don't recall clicking any other links than what i would usually do or downloading anything different, so i have no idea where this came from.

However this is the problem:

When I open my browser (chrome or the standard samsung broswer, doesnt matter) the usual samsung homepage opens up fine.

Sidenote: CM browser (Cheetah mobile) is not affected with this adware/malware/virus

But whatever I type in the adress bar, wether its just a keyword or a full domain, it always refers me to this site:

Screenshot_20180807-151528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.97e2985be2b2cce915bb30407820ad90.jpg

If i just clock the google.nl link on there, then it just goes to the google site normally.

But everytime i type something in the adress bar, i get this searchingdog search engine showing up...

I've tried searching for it and i've only found one issue on the google productforums, but they basically didnt reply to it... so i dont know how to get rid of it.

I tried several virus scanners, malwarebytes including, and none could find an issue on my device.

The normal search engine is set to google so thats not the problem either.

I hope you guys can help me out with this.

Edited by superkootje

Does someone know what to do? I am having the exact same issue. Was searching for lip injections last night to wake up and see my search engine has been changed. Literally downloaded nothing. But no one has a answer.

I guess this is a fairly new proplem, since we all got it but cant really find anything about it online...

if you know google "searchingdog virus" there are a bunch of sites popping up that literally use my screenshot that i posted here... and they offer to have a solution for it, but i guess its a all scam because they talk about removing it on PC, whilst our problem is obviously on android -.-

Edited by superkootje

It seems the culprit is Kika Keyboard. When using the standard android keyboard the adware disappears, but change the standard keyboard to kika and guess what - searching dog is there again.

Edited by Terrenay
8 minutes ago, Terrenay said:

It seems the culprit is Kika Keyboard. When using the standard android keyboard the adware disappears, but change the standard keyboard to kika and guess what - searching dog is there again.

Just checked it, you are right.

Kika keyboard is the culprit indeed.
Guess i'm going to use an other keyboard then...

18 minutes ago, Terrenay said:

Can also confirm; I've uninstalled Kika Keyboard for now, unless they somehow fix it. Thanks for finding this out for us! :)

2 hours ago, Terrenay said:

Signed up just to make a comment here. Surely enough, uninstalled Kika Keyboard and the problem is gone. Best to make ratings and reviews on the app/contact the developers that this is happening.

Hey @superkootje@Mindee, @Terrenay, @DorianWilliamson, @rikageli, & @BanoonaPengu,

If any of you still have the app on your mobile devices, could you send me an Apps Report?  That way I can get the exact version doing this.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. Send the Apps Report to create a ticket.

PM me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Thanks so much!

Nathan

Finally got it... For me if was not only Kika key board. Each time I factory reset, system install updates, of which one of the updates was of "XOS-Launcher, Theme, Wallpaper". The moments this updates are installed, my phone home screen refreshes and changes the display, icon color and also it shows Google custom search. When clicked on it, it goes to searching dog.com. 

Now the solution is just go to play store and uninstall the "XOS-Launcher, Theme, Wallpaper".. So that updates gets uninstalled and your problem is resolved...

Thank you

Do let me know if this helps...