Bhil0

Premium Malewarebytes won't remove infection causing popups and redirects

Hey there,  I am unable to remove some infection that causes popups within my mozilla browser.   Malewarebytes Premium on my PC blocks these sites however when I run a scan It can't seem to detect the infection.  It does detect something in my my chrome browser but won't remove that permanently either.   Attached are the required documents.

Thanks

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Threat Scan Log.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Remove this program in bold via the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
CPUID CPU-Z 1.77 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z_is1) (Version:  - ) <==== ATTENTION

The version is not signed and may be compromised. If you need it download the latest from the Head Office.
https://www.cpuid.com/
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

If The Malwarebytes issue persists:.

These attacks are stopped by Malwarebytes and you are notified accordingly.

Check the Notifications settings.
Change the setting Show Malwarebytes Notifications to Off
https://content.invisioncic.com/Mmalware/monthly_2018_05/2018-05-22_10-28-24.png.a3502457b1398cbb8a3d56e78531dcbd.png
===

If still a problem it may be a sync issue.

If you are Syncing Firefox it with other Devices remove it.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-set-sync-my-computer
===

Let me know if the problem persists.

fixlist.txt

I should add that malewarebytes does not stop the popups every time, my browser will open up the tab where it then shows the malewarebytes splash screen most of the time.  It may not be connecting but it does force a new tab to open. In some cases the tab opens and the page connects.  I have attached the fix log text file

Fixlog.txt

Update:

Pop ups are still occurring, you can see the last 2 tabs in the screen shot are popups

pup screenshot.JPG

Hi,

My apologizes. I sent you my Fixlits.txt template. It was empty.

Download the one I just attached and run it as previously requested.

Let me know if the problem persists.

fixlist.txt

I ran the updated fixlist but am still getting one instance of the pop up still.  Please advise.

Thanks.

pop up example.JPG

I understand turning the notifications off will prevent the window from popping up but that won't solve my underlying issue of the infection itself.  Is there a solution to remove the initiation of these connections?

No. Sorry.

These attacks are known by Malwarebytes  and is protecting you.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks