bad image, pc wont let me run malware bytes

Have a computer that says bad image on startup, and also will not let me open malwarebytes. I found a thread that says to go into start, run, devmgmt.msc and look for files like TDSSspax.sys

TDSSServ.sys, gaopdxserv.sys, UACmxegjtve.sys, but none of them showed up. I compared the infected computer with a clean computer and the infected one had the following and the clean computer did not have any of the following:

naveng

MCSTRM

CO_Mon

COH_Mon

eraserutilrebootdrv

intelIde

Navex15

Ndisrd

Omci

Spbbcdry or v

Srtspx

Symantec eraser control driver

Symdns

Symevent

Symfw

Symidf

Symidsco

Symndis

Symredrv

Symtdi (has yellow exclamation sign over diamond)

Windows driver foundation user mode driver framework platform driver

Any help is appreciated, malwarebytes seems to fix everything, but I can not get it opened to run.

Hello.

You have one of the rootkit infections on your machine.

It would be best if you start a topic in the Malware Removal forum and someone should get to you soon and help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have. Rootkits are not always easy to be dealt with.

1) Instructions before posting to the Malware Removal Forum

I'm infected - What do I do now?

2) Starting a New Topic in the Malware Removal Forum:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

NOTE: If Malwarebytes won't run or HijackThis won't run please still create a new post in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum and explain what happens.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your post within the first 48 hours. Replying to your own posts changes the post count and will often cause helpers to think that you're already being helped and thus they won't open and look at your post. If no one has replied within 48 hours then please go ahead and either reply to your post or send a private message to a Moderator and let them know that you're still needing assistance.

In the meantime, please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by another malware removal helper, or should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Furthermore, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion or conflicts for the helper, helping you in the Malware Removal forum.

--

FatDuck posted a solution to "bypass" it in this thread here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12709

I strongly recommend you start a topic in the Malwarebytes Malware Removal forum first however. There may be other infections on your system and may be difficult to clean yourself.

Good luck.

With Regards,

Extremeboy

I have a feeling that this is that new infection that hijacks the exefile association in the registry.

On Windows XP, you should be able to fix it by going into regedit and importing (click 'File' and go to 'Import') the exefile_fix.reg file that is in the attached ZIP archive.

exefile_fix.zip

After doing that, you will probably want to follow extremeboy's instructions. :)