King_Of_The_Castle

Tray icon causing high CPU usage

4 minutes ago, AdamKski said:

We've had 4 reports of slowdowns since splitting the office between two different profiles. Every occurance so far has been in the group with Anti-Exploit disabled and Anti-Malware enabled. Seem to be an issue with the Anti-Malware component of Endpoint Protection....

Well luckily anti-malware software isn't really one of this companies strengths...

Edited by IT_Guy
Clarity

Ever since I scheduled a daily task to kill all MB-tray.exe processes on our Terminal Servers I have forgotten about this problem. Maybe not the ideal solution but it works as a workaround until MalwareBytes finally decides to fix the bug.

Our end users know how to kill it when required. I agree, it would be nice if MalwareBytes figured this one out. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about the level of support we're receiving for an supposedly Enterprise product. Might have to look elsewhere when renewal time comes. Too bad....

13 minutes ago, AdamKski said:

Our end users know how to kill it when required. I agree, it would be nice if MalwareBytes figured this one out. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about the level of support we're receiving for an supposedly Enterprise product. Might have to look elsewhere when renewal time comes. Too bad....

You must be new here. I've been here since August using endpoint protection and this is just par for the course. Very few bug fixes, very few feature requests added. But hey, if you've got a mac you can subject all your macs to this software now. It's only got about 20 new bugs to go along with all the old ones.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:44 AM, vbarytskyy said:

I was able to replicate the bug in our test environment and this will be a high priority item for our developers.

Thank you again for providing those logs. 

@King_Of_The_Castle   Can we get an update on a fix for this?  Still happening about once a week on a win 7 stand alone machine.

@Jim90

Could you get us a dump file when you notice the issue happening?

So when you notice high usage, do the following:

1. Open Task Manager (as local admin)
  2. Go to Processes
    1. If "Show processes from all users" button is there, please click it as that'll elevate permissions of Task Manager
  3. Find "MBAMSERVICE.exe" in the list > Right-click > "Create Dump File"
    1. This process can take up to 5min
  4. When a dump is created, location of the file will be given, please notate it
    1. Usually in %temp%
  5. Find the file > zip and PM me personally with the dump file

The dump file may be too large to upload here, use a service like www.wetransfer.com to upload the file and generate a link (to generate a link on WeTransfer, click the "3 dots")

Thank you

Edited by vbarytskyy

Our endpoint on 2 servers has caused major issues, and had to reboot one of them after getting SQL errors.    Uninstalling malwarebytes fixed them right up, hoping a fix comes in soon. 

This fix is expected late 2017 or early 2018 at the latest.

I don't think I will be renewing my subscription in September.

22 hours ago, IT_Guy said:

This fix is expected late 2017 or early 2018 at the latest.

I don't think I will be renewing my subscription in September.

I have to give you a lot of credit for lasting as long as you have.  The first few months of trying to work around this product's shortcomings on a few machines convinced me to get out quickly.

I've since moved on to another leading security product that handles all of the chores that Malwarebytes' used to intelligently enough that my clients are not adversely affected by the product's operation.

Good luck in your research and testing!

Any hints at what you've moved to? We've been using another AV software in the background so I don't have to rely on MWB, took awhile to configure each to ignore the other one.

But MWB is getting pretty bad, anytime a user tells me their computer is slow I check process explorer and sure enough MWB is stuck at 25%-50% and hundreds of Megs if not gigs of memory. Kill th process and everything is better instantly.

It's too bad the home premium version is so great and the corporate version completely s***s the bed.

27 minutes ago, kahml said:

I have to give you a lot of credit for lasting as long as you have.  The first few months of trying to work around this product's shortcomings on a few machines convinced me to get out quickly.

I've since moved on to another leading security product that handles all of the chores that Malwarebytes' used to intelligently enough that my clients are not adversely affected by the product's operation.

Good luck in your research and testing!

I too would be interested in hearing who you decided to go with, could you please private message me that info 

@Jim90, @Cleatus , @MetalSpork , @IT_Guy

I PM'd all 4 of you. I apologize for the late reply on our end, we'll definitely prioritize this issue. 

Please get me the information requested in the PM and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thank you

Edited by vbarytskyy

Hi all, just a note that I split this thread from it's original topic to reduce confusion. The original issue was the FP from January which is no longer the cause here. @vbarytskyy will continue working with you.