I bought a Kindle Fire HD-10 (PrimeSaleDay) and soon after using it I started getting pop-up ads, some with a loud "Congratulations!" vocal message.

They are incessant and I reported the issue to Amazon. It is still in process. They suggested Malwarebytes which I have used. This is what I get:

Malware found!
Remove selected
android/Adware.MobiDash.NC
Confirmation Do you want to remove selected item?
OK
Disable system app
is a system app and connot be uninstalled. Please
disable this app manually and we will automaticall
add it to whitelist.
Disable
Then I get a screen w/
Storage/cache/Launch by default/Permissions information
When I Force Stop and Clear Data and Clear Cash (which are lighted)
then what am I able to do?
There is no choice for disabling or removing the app.

What can I do? If I look at the files I see in /system/app 2 files named LiveWallpaperPicker.apk (2 different forms). Online info says these can be malware.

I can't delete them because they are system files and I am not rooted. Any help please? I tried to root without success.

Hi @eburgpaulie,

If you send me an Apps Report I can look further into this.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. Send the Apps Report to create a ticket.

PM me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Nathan

I sent the report as you instructed. Now I have good news. I was able to successfully root the Fire! Used this method: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/general/hd-10-2017-offline-rooting-t3734860

Then I deleted the (LiveWallpaper...) apk's from /system/app

I will monitor the Fire and see if I still get any pop up ads, and watch for any developments the dumpfile I sent will show.

Thanks!

On 8/1/2018 at 3:36 PM, eburgpaulie said:

I sent the report as you instructed. Now I have good news. I was able to successfully root the Fire! Used this method: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/general/hd-10-2017-offline-rooting-t3734860

Then I deleted the (LiveWallpaper...) apk's from /system/app

I will monitor the Fire and see if I still get any pop up ads, and watch for any developments the dumpfile I sent will show.

Thanks!

So far, so good! No pop ups since my last post & last MWB  scan showed NO malware... We have a happy camper onboard. Thank you!

1 hour ago, inspiredwoman said:

Hey, thank you for this too! It helped my sister get rid of the same issue!

You are very welcome.

I had the similar problem. I work in a company as a manager, unpleasant situations often happened, because of viruses, problems appeared that were difficult to solve. I had to take an antivirus , and a Computer monitoring software. Now there are no problems, because everything is always under my control