Possible SearchScopes False Positive

Tsulafa

I have been using 7.2.0 for a while now and every scan I did while connected to the internet for the latest modules have come back with all clear. However, today I downloaded 7.2.2 and received a warning of P.Optional.Legacy             HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AA9A4890-4262-4441-8977-E2FFCBFB706C} which has never shown up in 7.2.0. I did place it into quarantine, but I was wondering if this is a new false positive or if I should be worried for any data I have entered while scanning using 7.2.0. It even didn't detect anythign last night and I have not downloaded or run any new programs since then

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

As a bit of extra information: Upon searching through the registry, everything I can find related to searchscopes using the path shown on the notepad file seems to indicate it is about internet explorer's search defaulted to bing, which leads me more to thinking that this is a false positive, but would like some imput