geekGirl999

Malwarebytes blocked hijack and blocked website

Hey Guys,

I got a pop up from Malwarebytes yesterday that said it was blocking a hijack. I was on Firefox just getting on Yahoo.com. I also have an ad blocker on. I immediately closed the browser window and ran a regular Malwarebytes scan, then an adwCleaner. Neither of them picked up anything on my computer. I originally posted this problem on the Malwarebytes 3 Support Forum,  but I was told by an admin (exile360), to download and run a program called Farber Recovery tool and upload the logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt generated from it below. I also ran RogueKiller earlier today and I had it remove some items it didn't like. I also have the error logs from the original hijack block and website block that happened yesterday. I ran adwcleaner today and included their log. I ran a regular Malwarebytes regular scan and included their log.

This is a summary of the issues I had from the error logs:

-Website Data-
Category: Hijack
Domain: westerndigitalmeasure.com
IP Address: 192.241.254.144
Port: [61326]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain: www.oocities.org
IP Address: 85.17.147.6
Port: [50923]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

RogueKillerLog.txt

MalwarebytesErrorLog.txt

MalwarebytesErrorLog2.txt

AdwCleaner[S11].txt

MalwarebytesScan.txt

Edited by geekGirl999

Hello @geekGirl999

The site westerndigitalmeasure.com and oocities.org are both blocked due to threats.

The logs look pretty clean and no signs of an infection. Just Malwarebytes doing it's job to ensure those sites are blocked.

All seems good

Ron

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks