hup

Cant change picture

Greetings,

Are you certain that it is the Malwarebytes extension causing this?  I ask because I just verified this issue on my own system, but was unable to change the image in the slideshow embedded in the page even with the Malwarebytes extension disabled.  When I tested I did have the following extensions enabled:

• Adblock Plus
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Ghostery
  • Disconnect
  • Easy WebRTC Block
  • Auto Refresh

I'm also using a large ad/tracker/telemetry/social media/malware blocking HOSTS file (with nearly 2 million entries/sites) as well as Malwarebytes 3 (though I tested with Web Protection disabled in MB3 just to make sure that wasn't causing the issue either).

I'm running SRWare Iron, latest build on Windows 7 x64 SP1, fully patched.

I also tested in Internet Explorer 11 and experienced the same issue, so I suspect it's actually just a problem with the page itself, not an extension, however others can verify that for themselves.

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Are you certain that it is the Malwarebytes extension causing this? I ask because I just verified this issue on my own system, but was unable to change the image in the slideshow embedded in the page even with the Malwarebytes extension disabled. When I tested I did have the following extensions enabled:

• Adblock Plus
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Ghostery
  • Disconnect
  • Easy WebRTC Block
  • Auto Refresh

I'm also using a large ad/tracker/telemetry/social media/malware blocking HOSTS file (with nearly 2 million entries/sites) as well as Malwarebytes 3 (though I tested with Web Protection disabled in MB3 just to make sure that wasn't causing the issue either).

I'm running SRWare Iron, latest build on Windows 7 x64 SP1, fully patched.

I also tested in Internet Explorer 11 and experienced the same issue, so I suspect it's actually just a problem with the page itself, not an extension, however others can verify that for themselves.

I don't have any of the mention extension

I think it malware bytes extension

OK, does the page work correctly if you disable the Malwarebytes extension?  Open Chrome and enter chrome://extensions into the address bar and press Enter then uncheck the Enabled checkbox next to the entry for the Malwarebytes extension then restart Chrome and try visiting the page again to see if the issue is resolved.  If it works, then the Malwarebytes extension was the cause, however if it does not work, then the Malwarebytes extension cannot be the cause of the problem.

Yes it works then i disable malwarebytes 

It's strange, maybe it's just my system, but I cannot get the image to change in any browser, even without any extensions loaded.  I tried SRWare Iron (based on the same Chromium source code as Chrome), Internet Explorer 11 as well as the latest version of Firefox, but they all behave the same.  Whenever I click the arrow on the image slideshow on that page, it will not change the image and when I try clicking one of the other images shown below it, it doesn't change either.

Can you please take a screenshot of the page showing it with a different image displayed (any image other than the first one)?  I just want to verify what I'm seeing here.

Thanks.  I was able to make it work (sort of), but I had to right-click on an image and select Open link in new tab or Open link in new window.  I never was able to get it to work in any of my browsers by just clicking on the > arrow or by left-clicking on any of the images, but I guess that must be some unrelated issue with my system/configuration.

Edited by exile360