Total Security preventing everything

swat1276

I am brand new to this forum deal but a friend has a really screwed up virus or something that is preventing any changes to her laptop. I have attempted everything I have found in the guides however nothing is working. I have no idea how long its been infected but I can't run task manager, registry, nor install or execute any software including malware bytes which is already installed. Renaming does not work nor does renaming the file ext. because there are no explorer options. I hope I am in the correct area for this question and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having to do this from my pc as her internet is blocked. Thanks in advance.

Hi swat1276, welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Please download ComboFix from

Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved and renamed following this process directly to your desktop**

1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
    • Tools->Options->Main tab
    • Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

[*]During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

CF_download_FF.gif

CF_download_rename.gif

[*]It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.

[*]Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.

[*]Close any open browsers.

[*]Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

-----------------------------------------------------------

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

• Close any open browsers.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
  • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.

[*]Double click on combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

[*]When finished, it will produce a report for you.

[*]Please post the "C:\Combo-Fix.txt" for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick combo-fix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

@goatrider, Please do not post in someones topic. Please start your own and we will be around to help.

@swat1276

Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD to the desktop. Double click on it. It will make a diagnostic and produce a report on the desktop. Post that report on your next reply:

sorry for the re-post but I double click 4 times in a row and noticed it produced slightly more:

Log file is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\Michelle\Desktop\Win32kDiag.txt

WARNING: Could not get backup privileges!

Searching 'C:\WINDOWS'...

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB912812\KB912812

Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB916281\KB916281

Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^

Hi swat1276, no worries :D

Click on Start->Run, and copy-paste the following command (the bolded text) into the "Open" box, and click OK.

"%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f -r

When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

• Download Fixswen and save it to your desktop
  • Right-click on the file and choose install

When thats done, please try running ComboFix.

*Note, you will not see a notification while running the above tool, just a screen that appears then goes away, once it does try to run ComboFix.

Sorry for the delay.

We need to execute an Avenger2 script

Note to users reading this topic! This script was created specificly for the particular infection on this specific machine! If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

1. Please download The Avenger2 by SwanDog46.
  2. Unzip avenger.exe to your desktop.
  3. Copy the text in the following codebox by selecting all of it, and pressing (<Control> + C) or by right clicking and selecting "Copy"
    Files to move:
    C:\Windows\System32\logevent.dll | C:\Windows\System32\cngaudit.dll

4. Now start The Avenger2 by double clicking avenger.exe on your desktop.
  5. Read the prompt that appears, and press OK.
  6. Paste the script into the textbox that appears, using (<Control> + V) or by right clicking and choosing "Paste".
  7. Press the "Execute" button.
  8. You will be presented with 2 confirmation prompts. Select yes on each. Your system will reboot.
    Note: It is possible that Avenger will reboot your system TWICE.
  9. Upon reboot, a command prompt window will appear on your screen for a few seconds, and then Avenger's log will open. Please paste that log here in your next post.

Now please try running ComboFix

• 3 weeks later...