Darkdirk

MBAE sending large amount of data (~10Mb) to 83.56.43.254

This has now happened two days in a row at the exact same time of day. Could someone at Malwarebytes PLEASE shed some light on this?  At the very least verify that this is a legitimate IP.

8 hours ago, Darkdirk said:

This has now happened two days in a row at the exact same time of day. Could someone at Malwarebytes PLEASE shed some light on this?  At the very least verify that this is a legitimate IP.

As said in the other topic this is happening since version 1.12.1.97 and is done by mbae64.exe process. Before this version, was the mbae-svc.exe service process, and not mbae64.exe, connecting to internet. Also why there is no pinned topic about MBAE v1.12.1.97 or v1.12.1.100 release explaining the new features and/or changes?

10 hours ago, Darkdirk said:

I'm thinking you might have some big data reporting that regards those 3 Submit settings with greyed out check-boxes on the Settings tab, try to put back version 90 and monitor mbae-svc.exe service process to see if will send out the same amount of data to Malwarebytes servers...

Hi All,

I confirm that this is a legitimate action. We are gathering loading points telemetry (info about programs running automatically at startup) to help design new detection technologies. 

Thanks.

Then surely this could be an opt-in option or parameter of some sorts ? Seems like a pretty significant change in behaviour that was not specifically detailed in any change log that I could see. One has to wonder about that privacy implications of such a change.

12 hours ago, Arthi said:

Hi All, I confirm that this is a legitimate action. We are gathering loading points telemetry (info about programs running automatically at startup) to help design new detection technologies. Thanks.

Arthi, where is the op-in/-out setting for this?  As a paid subscriber to MBAE I rather decide on telemetry myself ... if at all possible.  TIA.

Hi,

There is a way users can opt-out of the telemetry upload. 

Unchecking either of these boxes will stop the upload. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

screenshot1.png

Edited by Arthi