Iramo

ANSWERED Two discord voice servers blocked due to "fraud"

Hosts: eu-central974.discord.gg, eu-central394.discord.gg

Discord sometimes uses this server when making calls in the EU region, but you can replicate by just entering those two into your browser as well. Is this something on your end, or on discord's?

First recorded occurrence was 3 days ago as far as I can tell.

https://i.imgur.com/d113eYq.png

Thank you for the reply. So this is a case of multiple web services being hosted from the same machine, if I understand it correctly? I believe discord's infrastructure runs off of google cloud, but I could be wrong. In that case this might be a reused previously ephemeral IP.

I'll let discord know, thanks again :)

Edited by Iramo

Hi @Dashke

The IP addresses may have formerly been used for that, but at this time we are using those IP addresses and they are not being used to sell counterfeit goods anymore, and are exclusively used as part of our voice infrastructure.

(Discord Infrastructure Engineer here) - Let me know if anything is needed to get these IP addresses unblocked (you can reach me via the @discordapp.com e-mail on this account). I believe we've reached out already via other means. 

Thanks!
Jake.