MAXBAR1

Malwarebytes & macOS Mojave Public Beta 3

The problem of blocking the installation from the beta version 3.3.3.3 to the beta version 3.3.3.4 has remained as it was also in the Public Beta 3 of Mojave.
I hope that with the new version of which treed talks here finally resolves once and for all the incompatibility with Mojave.

If you need to provide logs or other, let me know

Thanks

Regards

Massimiliano

Edited by MAXBAR1

they posted a topic on this but we cant reply to it.   My opinion on this is the reason Apple posts Dev and Public betas is so companies can work on an update and get tested.  Apple is approaching GM on Mojave soon.  They will still take bug reports but it will be the .01 version.   Now is the time to put out betas of Malwarebytes so we can test it and work out the kinks before it is released to public probably end of Sept.   

Also, Mojave has been one of the most Stable beta cycles I have ever used from Apple.

Jeff

From my experience with situations like this in the past, Developers can waste a significant amount of time changing their products to be fully compatible with each new beta that's released, only to find that they don't work with the final release version. Sometimes it's a last minute code change, sometimes it's a last minute bug inserted that doesn't get fixed until weeks later and sometimes they simply change their mind and drop whatever needed to be changed by third parties. It's common for developers to keep all such work in-house or even wait for release before jumping through hoops to make unnecessary changes and usually a better experience for normal users.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:44 PM, macjeff said:

they posted a topic on this but we cant reply to it.   My opinion on this is the reason Apple posts Dev and Public betas is so companies can work on an update and get tested.  Apple is approaching GM on Mojave soon.  They will still take bug reports but it will be the .01 version.   Now is the time to put out betas of Malwarebytes so we can test it and work out the kinks before it is released to public probably end of Sept.   

Also, Mojave has been one of the most Stable beta cycles I have ever used from Apple.

Jeff

Yep, I'm in complete agreement with you Jeff.  Now would be the time to start releasing a Malwarebytes beta for Mojave.  I'm running the ninth build of macOS 10.14 now and as far as I can see its about as stable as it could get.  Now if I could just get a version of OnyX for Mojave too.