Auclogics Boost Speed 10

Malwarebytes Prem does not recognize Auslogics Boost Speed 10 as a legit. program. AU company is a Gold member w/ Microssoft, I do no think they are a scam nor vitus. I get PUP's every time a scan runs.  Malwarebytes has deleted the program as I incorrectly added them to quarantinw. Now, I must uninstall Malwarebytes so I can reinstall Boost Speed 10. Is there a something I am doing wrong or is there a Malwarebytes flaw.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link

welcome mbst.png

• Click the Gather Logs button

gatherlogs.png

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

The problem is that Auslogics Boostspeed 10 has a conglomeration of programs thrown together that purport to "fix" your PC.  And one of these programs is a registry cleaner.  Plain fact of the matter is your registry does not need to be cleaned or fixed.  But using a registry cleaner has a great potential to corrupt your OS.  And that is why Malwarebytes correctly identifies Auslogics Boostspeed 10 as a PUP.  Programs such as Auslogics Boostspeed 10 should never be used on any computer.

Greetings,

This software is detected as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) which simply means that it fits Malwarebytes criteria for this category, not that it is necessarily a threat, scam or virus (in fact, if any of those were true, it would be identified as actual malware, not PUP and detection for it would show in RED, not ORANGE), however if you wish to use this software you have several options:

First, you may temporarily disable the Malware Protection component of Malwarebytes during installation to keep it from blocking and quarantining the program during install, then exclude it as detailed later in this post.

Second, you can disable detection of PUPs permanently if you don't want Malwarebytes detecting Potentially Unwanted Programs and just want it to focus on actual malware.  To do this, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Protection and use the drop-down menu under Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) in the Potential Threat Protection section to change the setting to Ignore Detections (or Warn User if you still want them detected but don't want it to automatically quarantine them so that you may decide how each detection is handled; this also extends to scanning as well).

Third, if you wish to exclude the program from being detected once the software is installed, perform a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes and once it completes, click the checkbox at the top of the results list next to the Threat Type column header to clear all checkboxes in the list, then click Next.  Once the prompt comes up asking what to do with the remaining detected items, click Ignore Always and they will be added to Malwarebytes Exclusions list so that they will no longer be detected.  Note that this will not extend to new versions of the software that you download in the future unless the names of the files and locations are all the same, so you may have to do this again should the software vendor make changes to the installation structure of the software in future releases.

For software detected as PUP, any vendor who wishes to have Malwarebytes review their PUP classification to attempt to have the software delisted may contact Malwarebytes via the email address contained on this page.