Preventing spread of non-Mac-specific malware

I am currently running MBAM for Mac and am concerned with the potential for me to pass along non-Mac malware to contacts running Windows. It's a significant risk to reputation that carries potential for legal liability. I was hoping for some advice on whether MBAM for Mac would detect and prevent Windows malware and, if not, whether MBAM for Mac can run alongside a more traditional AV. Furthermore, on the latter point, are there specific configurations that would prevent conflict and unnecessary CPU drain.

• Staff

Malwarebytes for Mac does not currently look for Windows malware, and that's not likely any time soon.

A few comments on the idea that Macs can be a vector for Windows threats:

1. That's actually not very common, unless you're engaged in the rather questionable practice of forwarding files from unknown sources. If you're concerned about Office files you forward containing malicious macros:
    1. Open those files first
    2. If you get something asking you to enable macros, either don't forward it or strip out the macros:
  2. Protection belongs where it's appropriate. Windows users should have AV that will protect them against Windows threats; if they don't, they've got bigger problems. Further, protection against e-mail messages containing malicious content belongs on the e-mail server.
  3. Adding detection of Windows threats on a Mac would result in enormously more processor usage than what our current solution uses.