Why is AdwCleaner showing this company as PUP, yes some of their programs are but not all .  So simply have this name ( Auslogics ) AdwCleaner show it as PUP . Auslogics Windows Slimmer is okay but if one does download the program and goes to install there are other programs added on but all one needs to do is unslected them and just use Auslogics Windows Slimmer. And I find this program alone is okay . OR is Malwarebyes / Adwcleaner saying other wise ?

https://www.auslogics.com/en/software/windows-slimmer

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

On 7/10/2018 at 4:47 AM, Dude905 said:

Auslogics Windows Slimmer is okay but if one does download the program and goes to install there are other programs added on but all one needs to do is unslected them and just use Auslogics Windows Slimmer.

There's your answer right there.  Bundled installers specifically are something that Malwarebytes deliberately targets aggressively under the PUP category.  You can read about a related example, Auslogics Disk Defrag, here where they cite specifically:

Auslogics products are sometimes downloaded willingly by users and sometimes included in bundlers.

17 hours ago, exile360 said:

There's your answer right there.  Bundled installers specifically are something that Malwarebytes deliberately targets aggressively under the PUP category.  You can read about a related example, Auslogics Disk Defrag, here where they cite specifically:

I know that ... All one need to do is unselected them and they wouldn't get installed . My point is if you use just the program itself and do a scan afterwards with AdwCleaner ... AdwCleaner will flag 4 files from  Auslogics  which serves no purpose

Edited by Dude905

On 7/12/2018 at 6:39 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

Can you provide a whole logfile please?

Thanks,

I have done scans with other security software companies and none has shown it to be malware

Adwcleaner.jpg