Cannot update Reckon Accounts

roy300c

It seems since Endpoint Protection has been installed, I am unable to install the latest version of Reckon Accounts. New financial year, updated Tax Tables etc. Does anyone have any idea what to do. I have run as administrator but all the research I do says that it's the anti-malware program not allowing the process. How can I disable it during the install? Any guidance would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @roy300c,

Try turning off "Ransomware Protection". In your Malwarebytes Cloud console, go to Settings > Policies > "select your policy" > Hit the "Settings" tab under "Windows" and find "Ransomware Protection".

•  Note that this will turn off protection for all machines in that policy. 

If you would like to just turn off protection temporarily, you can stop the "Malwarebytes Service", just be sure to resume it so you can remain protected.

1. Go to a Run dialog (Click "Windows" + R)
  2. Type in services.msc (if a domain user, make sure to open as administrator)
  3. Find "Malwarebytes Service" or "MBAMService"
  4. Right click and stop the service
  5. Perform installation of your software and be sure to resume the service.

Also--We will be starting to roll out an update tonight that'll have some great improvements in our ransomware technology, it should help mitigate software installation issues. 

Thanks for that.

My support ticket came through a couple of days ago and I stopped the service to install.

I wasn't happy with that method as it leaves you vulnerable.

Another way the tech helped me was to identify folders to exclude. This allowed me to install the program the program without compromising overall security. It took a while for the assets to refresh but it worked eventually.