Bigplayer

Anti virus software

I would like to know if anyone has a answer to my question.

What is the best anti virus software that I can use along with my Malwarebytes Premium software.

I have tried Bitdefender,however it did not seem to work very well with Malwarebytes Premium. There was conflict on dominance. 

Is using exclusions the way to make anti virus software to work better with Malwarebytes Premium? 

I need some help with this subject matter.

Thank you.

I am using Bitdefender free version and Malwarebytes Premium latest version. I did completely uninstall Malwarebytes and rebooted before I installed Bitdefender. The only thing I can mention as an issue is not related to the two of them working together. Malwarebytes adds a significant delay to some things on my PC. This occurs with or without Bitdefender running at the same time. It is only a few things that the slow down bothers me with so I can live with it until the next update. 

Bitdefender nor Malwarebytes have any exclusions for the other on my system. They work in perfect harmony. 

Edited by Access Denied

The performance issue you're seeing is likely related to Ransomware Protection.  I've observed similar issues on my own system and finally decided to just disable this particular protection component as it's by far the least proactive of all of the various layers of defense that Malwarebytes provides.  It is the only component that actually waits for you to first become infected before going into action as it monitors process behavior unlike the other modules which approach attacks earlier in the attack chain to prevent infection and I'm confident enough, given the propensity of the bad guys to use certain specific methods like exploits to get their threats onto systems, particularly in the case of ransomware which almost always gets downloaded as a payload of an exploit attack, that I believe actually getting infected by ransomware is extremely unlikely and that Malwarebytes would stop the attack long before it ever got to that point.

More information on how the various layers and components of Malwarebytes 3 Premium function to protect systems and thwart attacks by malware and other threats may be found on this page.

As the diagram on that page illustrates, Ransomware Protection is the last layer mentioned:

Behavior Monitoring
Detects and blocks ransomware via behavioral monitoring technology

Edited by exile360

@exile360 The new component update today helped take some of slow down away. It is not bad at all now. I can still tell but it isn't bad enough like before when I would exit totally before doing work in File Explorer. Much better and I love having Bitdefender & Malwarebytes running together. Super locked down. ?

Edited by Access Denied

Good, I'm glad things have improved.  They've been gradually dealing with these performance issues over the past several releases and things do seem to be getting better.  Hopefully soon they'll have these performance issues eliminated completely.