webdandy

ANSWERED Site being listed as risky

47 minutes ago, Phxflyer said:

I was just rereading the posts about this under Website blocking and another user reported same problem. The difference with me is I'm in the US using cox.net, not BT, and I'm not using Bitdefender nor ever had it installed. I've never visited starfieldtech's website before but just tried to see what it was about when I found it was blocked. My problem was with continuous popups from MB alerting me to a "risky" website while I was browsing. I've listed this under exclusions for the time being. The important thing to note is this JUST started with me and it seems with those posting in the other forum.

I am also in the US and Cox is my ISP.  MB started blocking sites reporting ocsp.starfieldtech.com earlier this morning for me.  Nothing has changed with my configuration.

Posted in the MB3 forum as well.  MB throwing up website blocks related to ocsp.starfieldtech.com starting earlier this morning on my system.

I imagine because it's the 4th and a big holiday, this problem isn't getting the attention it might any other day. I listed the crl.starfieldtech.com under exclusions but now see the ocsp. prefix is also causing the popups for me. I can only guess this is being caused by one of the definition updates this morning?????

14 minutes ago, CICO said:

wow seems it stopped a few minutes ago. thanks Stefan.

You are always welcome! Databases are out -

MBAM2 Version: v2018.07.04.07
MBAM3 Version: 1.0.5769

This detection was added because new version of ransomware GandCrab v4 was connecting to it among other domains.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and we really appreciate your help! :)

Edited by Dashke

Thanks Stefan. Updated MB3 and all well again. Will this update be pushed out without having to force an update?

Thanks to everyone on the forum who added to this post. This is a great community :)

14 minutes ago, Dashke said:

You are always welcome! Database for MB2 is out - v2018.07.04.07

For MB3 it might take a couple of minutes longer.

This detection was added because new version of ransomware GandCrab v4 was connecting to it among other domains.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and we really appreciate your help! :)

Awesome! I just signed up and was about to report this issue. The strange thing from my end is it was happening only when I'd launch Firefox, and I set it to launch to a blank page, no idea how anything would be accessing any website at that time.

5 minutes ago, JasonRoss said:

Awesome! I just signed up and was about to report this issue. The strange thing from my end is it was happening only when I'd launch Firefox, and I set it to launch to a blank page, no idea how anything would be accessing any website at that time.

Probably Firefox was accessing this domain in the background?

6 minutes ago, capers123 said:

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, webdandy said:

Thanks Stefan. Updated MB3 and all well again. Will this update be pushed out without having to force an update?

Thanks to everyone on the forum who added to this post. This is a great community :)

You are always welcome!

Yes, fortunately all our users will be updated automatically.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Edited by Dashke

Dashke thanks for the explanation and the quick fix. Checked malwarebytes had downloaded the latest definitions and the problem is resolved. Good work good software.