Blue screen error

Hi 

I've recently been getting a blue screen error, it happens very randomly, sometimes a few times a week, sometimes maybe 3 times in a day. So last weekend, I decideded to install a fresh copy of windows. But to my suprise, I got the error again. I've recently been informed it is because of malwarebytes when I gave my dump file on the Microsoft forum.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i_vASaXEVkaAusuREmWeyDZnD9cJsNBm   this is my dump file 

I've also included the mb-check results from mb support tool

Can someone advise me on if its possible to reconfigure some mb settings or something to get the error to go away.

Many thanks

mb-check-results.zip

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link

welcome mbst.png

• Click the Gather Logs button

gatherlogs.png

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• Staff

Greetings and welcome,

I'm sorry that you're having problems with Malwarebytes.  This sounds like one of the issues that the team has been working on.  There are a few different causes, and while there are no guarantees, at least a few of them are resolved by the recently released beta so I'd recommend giving that a try first.  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and scroll down the tab until you locate the Beta Application Updates section, then enable the Automatically receive beta versions of component updates and full releases setting so that it is switched to On, then scroll back up near the top of the same tab and locate and click on the Install Application Updates button and the latest beta update package should be installed.  You'll be able to tell when it has been installed by going to Settings>About and you should see Component package version: 1.0.390.  That's the beta build.  Once it is installed, restart your computer then see if that resolves the issue.

If the problem returns then you likely need to disable the Web Protection component which you may do by right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon near the system clock and clicking on Web Protection: On then clicking Yes when prompted by User Account Control.  It is the Web Protection component that has been causing the vast majority of these issues, so disabling it should resolve the problem for now until the issue is fixed, hopefully in an upcoming release.

Also, if you do end up having to disable Web Protection, then I'd also recommend installing the Malwarebytes browser extension beta which is currently available for both Chrome (and all Chromium based browsers, including Chromium and SRWare Iron) and Firefox (and other Mozilla based browsers).  That will provide at least some protection from web based threats, at least for your web browser when surfing the web.  It also has the added advantage of blocking some malicious content without the need for any databases, block lists or signatures as it uses behavior based protection methods to identify certain kinds of threats including tech support scam sites (which are very common these days), phishing sites, clickbait, as well as some ads and tracking servers to help protect your privacy (those last two aren't even targeted by the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes 3 so it can be beneficial to install the plugin even if you don't end up having to disable Web Protection).  You can find the plugins at the following links for each browser along with additional information about them:

- Chrome MB browser extension: Chrome
    - Mozilla MB extension version:Firefox

Those plugins were also designed to enhance the Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3 by helping pages to load more quickly when content is blocked by Web Protection, so it can also potentially speed up your browsing experience, especially when visiting sites where anything malicious might be found (such as otherwise safe sites where malicious third party ads might be found).

Please let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks

• Staff
Just now, Sfrush said:

Or downgrade to 3.4.5 and you don't have to bother with disabling the web protection shield and leaving yourself vulnerable.

While it is certainly true that rolling back to version 3.4.5 would allow you to keep Web Protection enabled, it's also true that virtually all Malwarebytes releases include new technologies and capabilities in the protection components, databases and detection engine that are not backwards compatible with older versions and version 3.5.1 is no exception:

• Improved the remediation process so fewer reboots are required
  • Improved the accuracy of the Web Protection module  
  • Continued improvements to overall protection, detection and remediation

• Staff

The decision is up to you of course, however personally I'd stick with the latest build and go without Web Protection until it's fixed were it my system, but as I said, it's entirely up to you.  If you would prefer to downgrade, then simply uninstall your current version and download and install version 3.4.5 from here (that site is safe, I've used it myself many times) and then launch Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and beneath Application Updates switch off the two settings located there so that it doesn't try to download and install the latest version.  Keep an eye on the forums here for the next version which will hopefully include a fix for this issue as it will be announced in a pinned topic at the top of this area of the forums.

• Staff

You're very welcome, and again, I apologize that you're having to deal with this issue.  I hope that it gets fixed by the Developers soon.  I know they have been working very hard to track this bug down and get it corrected, so it's only a matter of time.

If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks