[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content

No Network Access but Internet works fine?

On 5/27/2019 at 7:56 PM, exile360 said:

This is pretty typical whenever you use something that re-routes your internet connection through a different DNS server from your normal ISP/connection such as a VPN, proxy or alternate DNS (I see it from time to time myself on Windows 7 when using DNSCrypt).  I'm not positive, but I believe it has something to do with the built in Windows network mapping tools/capabilities and once it tries to map the network connection through the router/modem and the rest of the devices on the network, it obviously can no longer see it because the connection is now going through a different route such as the VPN/alternate DNS provider or proxy.  It can often be corrected by disconnecting from your network (either disconnecting from your wireless router if using a wireless connection, or by disabling/re-enabling your connection or unplugging/re-plugging your connection if using a wired Ethernet connection).  Sometimes clearing the DNS cache may also be necessary or simply restarting the computer.

With that said, it will often return again so I typically just ignore it as long as the internet connection itself is actually working.

Thanks. I am now on the May 2019 update for Win 10, which is version 1903. The problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, r1ma said:

Thanks. I am now on the May 2019 update for Win 10, which is version 1903. The problem solved.

Until it isn't... note the screenshot below, I am on v1903 as well and the issue comes back from time to time...

No_internet.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, Emiriya said:

Hi! Same here, I thought I'm the only one with this problem.

It turns out I'm not. 🙄 Win10, most of the time it happens when I connect to the Tunnel Bear

I changed my vpn provider and the problem solved. It was because of the other VPN I was using.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, Firefox said:

Until it isn't... note the screenshot below, I am on v1903 as well and the issue comes back from time to time...

No_internet.jpg

My friend told me: "I think it has something to do with your VPN not being compatible with Window’s way of assessing connectivity, maye it tries a DNS request but that is blocked since you use the VPN’s DNS ? I don’t really know ; but the fact that the exclamation mark only appears when using the VPN suggests a similar cause. Anyway, if you can still use the Internet normally, just ignore the exclamation mark."

What I did was that I changed my VPN.

I had this issue while using NordVPN and then uninstalled NordVPN and installed ExpressVPN and the problem solved.