I installed Tenorshare's iCareFone for mac to better manage my iPhone 8. I purchased the program from StackSocial (stackcommerce.com). I've never had any other program problems.

Here's the problem. Malwarebytes reports this program and quarentines it. I'm also running Sophos Antivirus/Malware program which has NOT issued an alert or tried to delete the program.

Is this program malware? I've googled it and found no indication yet.

ps: unable to include .dmg file for program.

TIA for all help

• Staff

Tenorshare's apps are detected as PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), not malware. There are multiple problems that we had with these apps, including some rather shady behaviors, but no overtly malicious behavior that we found. If you're having a problem with your iPhone 8, I'd seek more legitimate solutions, as iCareFone mostly provides functionality that is already provided by Apple, that isn't a good idea, or that isn't actually necessary.

Whether you use it or not is up to you, of course,

Thank you Treed.  I really appreciate the quick reply. As you suggest these are the types of programs that you use at your own risk due to the fact that the company does not seem concerned about the users total welfare.  They have been deleted and I will advise stack social where I purchased it to not offer programs from this company. 

Bob 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I suspect that nobody picked up on DFwDude's post since it was posted to a discussion that was over two years old and it's never a good idea to tag onto someone else's discussion, in any case.

Similarly, I would advise you to start your own new discussion and tell us in detail exactly what your issue is.