Website blocked due to riskware

Anytime I open a browser (Google Chrome) I get a lot of this (See the attached). Problem is it does not specify which website is blocked to enable a decision of exclusion or not. As a result I am unable to visit certain sites.

How can this be resolved?

Thanks.

MalwarebytesRisk.jpg

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link

welcome mbst.png

• Click the Gather Logs button

gatherlogs.png

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

The site being blocked is in your screenshot, hanstrackr.com. If you're seeing this whenever you open your browser, it's most likely a browser extension that's trying to reach out to these malicious sites. If you provide the logs above, we should be able to help you determine which one.

Edited by dcollins

Thanks, I have done as directed and gotten the mbst-grab-results.zip, which file contains a load of data info from my computer.

I am a bit skeptical to forward this zipped file fo the simple reason that my debit card acount has been compromised lately with a couple of funds withdrawals.

So, therefore, I WANT TO BE ASSURED that the BULKY info contained in the result will not be used to infiltrate into my accounts.

I have been testing all this more thoroughly and apparently, Windows Defender, detects the word "www.hanstrackr.com", "hanstrackr.com", as a "Trojan: Win32/Malext", of course it is due to a false positive , that's why it detects all .json files as viruses.

Proof

Edited by Sursista
Proof Video

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, Sursista said:

I have been testing all this more thoroughly and apparently, Windows Defender, detects the word "www.hanstrackr.com", "hanstrackr.com", as a "Trojan: Win32/Malext", of course it is due to a false positive , that's why it detects all .json files as viruses.

Proof

Sorry Sursita. I couldn't really follow the "Proof" (the video).

On 7/17/2018 at 2:09 PM, dcollins said:

The information @Sursista posted was not quite related to your issue, it was  related to an issue with Windows Defender that was flagging files incorrectly.

Problem still persist even after downloading/installing the BETA copy of the Malwarebytes program. Infact, I find it totally worthless as it TOTALLY SLOWS DOWN MY BROWSING THUS LETTING ME LOOSE MY INTERNET RESOUCE VERY, VERY, VERY F A S T.

1 hour ago, Here4hlp said:

Problem still persist even after downloading/installing the BETA copy of the Malwarebytes program. Infact, I find it totally worthless as it TOTALLY SLOWS DOWN MY BROWSING THUS LETTING ME LOOSE MY INTERNET RESOUCE VERY, VERY, VERY F A S T.

Please provide the logs so we can help you better.

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:
NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

• Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    5ae220dc8c030_welcomembst.png.fd2156a783
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png.6fb7abe3251f4a4f5fba47602
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     972599947_notifyme.jpeg.475d9f00582b41dc

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.
    mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY WOULDN'T THE POP-UP RISKWARE MESSAGE INDICATE THE BLOCKED SITES  SO THAT I CAN  MAKE A DECISION AS TO EXCLUDE THEM FROM WEBSITE PROTECTION OR BLOCK THEM?????? INFACT, AS POINTED OUT EARLIER, I FIND THIS SOFTWARE (MALWAREBYTES) TOTALLY USELESS, THAT IT IS ONLY GOOD AT SLOWING DOWN NOT ONLY ONES INTERNET ACTIVITIES BUT ONES SYSTEM AS A WHOLE.

TO BE FRANK, I AM NOT COMFORTABLE SENDING SUCH DATA IN A ZIP FORM (MBST-GRAB-RESULTS.ZIP) TO YOU. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SORT OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION  i SHALL PASS ON TO YOU THROUGH THAT ZIP FILE.

IT IS BETTER TO DISCARD IT. LET ME HAVE YOUR VIEWS.

THANKS

Edited by Here4hlp

The blocked site is called out at the top of your screen shot, it's hanstrackr.com. You don't have to provide the zip file, but we won't be able to help you identify what Chrome extension is causing the issue. Unfortunately Malwarebytes is not able to determine exactly what Chrome extension is making that connection as Chrome doesn't let that information outside of itself.

You can make a ticket with our Support Team if you would like some individualized support and they can review your logs so they won't be posted publicly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, dcollins said:

The blocked site is called out at the top of your screen shot, it's hanstrackr.com. You don't have to provide the zip file, but we won't be able to help you identify what Chrome extension is causing the issue. Unfortunately Malwarebytes is not able to determine exactly what Chrome extension is making that connection as Chrome doesn't let that information outside of itself.

You can make a ticket with our Support Team if you would like some individualized support and they can review your logs so they won't be posted publicly.

Software is rather dangerous, I am sorry to say. It wipes away your other important files/programs  I AM SO SORRY I HAD TO WASTE MY MONEY FOR THIS. I had another software which I used my money to purchase - TotalSystemCare.  YOUR MALWAREBYTES PROGRAM TOTALLY WIPED IT OFF. I REDOWNLOADED AND JUST WHEN IT HIT MY SYSTEM, IT WAS INSTANTLY WIPED OFF AGAIN.

MY ONLY SOLUTION IS TO UNINSTALL YOUR MALWAREBYTES PROGRAM - WASTE OF MY MONEY.

Thanks.

Greetings,

TotalSystemCare is classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) so there are a few ways that you can handle this if you wish to use it alongside Malwarebytes:

1. You may disable PUP detection in Malwarebytes which is located under Settiings>Protection in the Potential Threat Protection section using the drop-down menu for Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and configuring it to either Warn User or Ignore Detections.  The former will inform you of the detection but allow you to decide how it is handled and the latter will have Malwarebytes refrain from detecting any PUPs at all.
  2. You may add an exclusion for the installer via Settings>Exclusions and following the instructions found here under the Exclude a File or Folder section.
  3. You may scan the installer manually with Malwarebytes by right-clicking on it and choosing Scan with Malwarebytes then once it completes and shows the item as being detected, uncheck the box next to the detection then click Next, then when the prompt is displayed asking how to handle the remaining item, click Ignore Always and it will be added to your exclusions so that it is no longer detected.  Note: You will need to exclude the program once it is installed as well; instructions on how to do so will be listed below.
  4. Temporarily disable the Malware Protection component in Malwarebytes prior to launching the installer for the detected program and keep it disabled until installation is complete, then perform a Threat Scan by opening Malwarebytes and clicking on the Scan Now button located on the bottom of the Dashboard tab, then once the scan completes click the checkbox at the very top left of the list in the column header just to the left of where it says Threat Type to uncheck all detected items then click Next and when the dialog pops up asking what to do with the remaining unchecked items, click Ignore Always and all traces of the software will be added to your exclusions so that Malwarebytes will no longer detect them in scans or with real-time protection

If there is anything else we might assist you with pleas let us know.

Thanks