airvpn / curl.exe [ip blocked / riskware]

KatZund
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Got something blocked by malwarebytes as riskware. I supect a false positive. Please investigate.

My system is 100% clean. I'm using AirVPN and curl.exe is a file from airvpn's 'Eddie' cfg software. The IP that is blocked is 213.152.162.89 and it belongs to

https://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=213.152.162.89

Thank you

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, dofin said:

Hello, can you suggest another way to permanently block that 213.152.162.89 IP ? Hence, receiving no more pop window.

Other than adding it to exclusions, obviously ! Thanks.

Greetings and welcome :)

Currently the only way to accomplish this would be to disable notifications which would prevent all web block notifications from being displayed along with many others (though more critical notifications requiring action such as protection components being disabled/malfunctioning would still be displayed).  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and under Notifications toggle the option Show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray to Off and you should no longer receive notifications about blocked sites in your tray.  This will also prevent tray notifications for blocked/quarantined threats from being displayed as well, however you may check your recent detections and blocks by opening Malwarebytes and clicking on the bell shaped icon at the upper right-hand corner of the main window to see a brief list of recent detections and blocks and you may click on any of them to see more details about it and of course you may also view your entire history of detections, blocks and other events under the Reports tab in Malwarebytes.

I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks

Ah, if the block is coming from your Bittorrent clients then it's likely because something you're downloading is being seeded/shared by someone using that IP address, or else one of the Torrent's trackers is on that IP.  You can find out a bit more about why this happens frequently with P2P (Peer-to-Peer) applications, like Bittorrent clients in here.  If you wish to allow all connections for your Bittorrent client(s) then you may exclude their processes by following the instructions under the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet section in this support article.