PiersJ

3.5.1.2522 using 21% of CPU

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, PiersJ said:

My version, even after a reset, still shows no update (it's on 3.5.1.2522). 

If your about tab shows the version pictured below you have the latest version as of today's date...

current version.jpg

17 hours ago, Firefox said:

If your about tab shows the version pictured below you have the latest version as of today's date...

current version.jpg

So @dcollins was incorrect about the update? The version is current and the issue persists. I think it's time to look for another software solution for my network. The appeal of MBAM used to be low resource use.

4 hours ago, PiersJ said:

So @dcollins was incorrect about the update? The version is current and the issue persists. I think it's time to look for another software solution for my network. The appeal of MBAM used to be low resource use.

@dcollins requested you provide a new set of logs in post #26 above so he can take a look and troubleshoot further

Just want to pass along that I am seeing this problem on a few computers (about 5) as well.  This seemed to start with 3.5.1.  On these particular computers, uninstalling/reinstalling does not help.  Over time the CPU utilization gets higher and higher to the point the computer is bogged down and causes stability issues with other apps.  Removing MB seems to be the only solution to get the computer to run normally. 

On one of the problematic computers I did notice that MB had lost its registration info.  Upon reinstall and re-registering, the program seemed normal again.

I hope a fix is coming soon. If not I won’t be renewing my subscription. They charge a lot of money for their product! Hopefully a fix is coming but have not heard anything as of late.

14 minutes ago, Jackietools said:

I hope a fix is coming soon. If not I won’t be renewing my subscription. They charge a lot of money for their product! Hopefully a fix is coming but have not heard anything as of late.

I've stopped using it on one machine and moved to a different piece of software. It feels odd not having MBAM installed after using it since original launch, but it's turned into bloatware.

Any updates on this? My scan is scheduled for 0530 every morning and every morning I have to use Task Manager to stop Malwarebytes and restart it. It stays running at 5% unless I do this. I paid a lot of money for 4 subscriptions to this and so far I am still waiting for a fix or at very least an update on the problem. Thanks

Is there some CPU usage leak here? At my home server (Windows 7 x64) Malwarebytes 3.5.1.2522 tends to take up to 50% of my CPU when I chek back to my server after a week or so. I can resolve it by quitting Malwarebytes and reloading it, but in the end, the issue comes back over time. (Multiple days of uptime)

Edited by TheQuickFox

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, TheQuickFox said:

Is there some CPU usage leak here? At my home server (Windows 7 x64) Malwarebytes 3.5.1.2522 tends to take up to 50% of my CPU when I chek back to my server after a week or so. I can resolve it by quitting Malwarebytes and reloading it, but in the end, the issue comes back over time. (Multiple days of uptime)

You will need to provide diagnostic logs so we can try and figure out what may be going on with your issue...

Lets try this new tool called Malwarebytes Support Tool to gather some logs.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  6. Click the Advanced Options link
  7. The Advanced Options page has two options, please choose one:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer using Check and Grab functionality. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is also run to perform a complete diagnosis of the computer. The troubleshooting information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip. This file can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post and will assist your Malwarebytes Support agent with troubleshooting the issue currently being experienced.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products currently installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. This process may require a reboot of the computer, which must be manually consented to.
  8. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  9. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  10. Upon completion, click OK
  11. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  12. Please attach the file in your next reply.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, Firefox said:

You will need to provide diagnostic logs so we can try and figure out what may be going on with your issue...

Lets try this new tool called Malwarebytes Support Tool to gather some logs.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  6. Click the Advanced Options link
  7. The Advanced Options page has two options, please choose one:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer using Check and Grab functionality. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is also run to perform a complete diagnosis of the computer. The troubleshooting information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip. This file can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post and will assist your Malwarebytes Support agent with troubleshooting the issue currently being experienced.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products currently installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. This process may require a reboot of the computer, which must be manually consented to.
  8. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  9. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  10. Upon completion, click OK
  11. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  12. Please attach the file in your next reply.

For privacy reasons, I will not post these logs, but you can view the system specs here:

https://tweakers.net/gallery/23645/inventaris/?inv_id=434529

When the issue returns I can post a screenshot of my task manager.

2 minutes ago, TheQuickFox said:

For privacy reasons, I will not post these logs, but you can view the system specs here:

https://tweakers.net/gallery/23645/inventaris/?inv_id=434529

The specs alone is not enough to help diagnose the issue.  If your worried about privacy you can always send the logs via PM to @dcollins and he can review them. (note: there is really nothing in the logs that will violate your privacy aside from your username)….

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

The specs alone is not enough to help diagnose the issue.  If your worried about privacy you can always send the logs via PM to @dcollins and he can review them. (note: there is really nothing in the logs that will violate your privacy aside from your username)….

Done.

Yes, we are still looking into it, but without steps to reproduce in-house, it's very hard to determine what the root cause is. Out of curiosity, what Component Package are you on? You can check on Settings -> About. We just released an update a few days ago that should have some improvements for performance in it.