Aloha808

Doesn't work on mojave

It acts really slow and sometimes does not work on mojave? Anyone else with similar to same problems 

I had to look that up to find out what you were talking about.  Mohave is scheduled for a Fall release, so you can expect that by the time Apple gets the bugs out of it, we will also have produced a version that is compatible with it.  Pre-release code is always sketchy, as you are finding out now.

See posts #2 & 4 here 

All issues with Mojave must be reported to Apple, not 3rd Party Developers. That's why you are allowed to test for them, to give them the chance to fix things at their end if necessary, first. They'll take care of notifying developers if necessary.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:25 AM, alvarnell said:

All issues with Mojave must be reported to Apple, not 3rd Party Developers. That's why you are allowed to test for them, to give them the chance to fix things at their end if necessary, first. They'll take care of notifying developers if necessary.

I wouldn't rely on Apple to alert third-party developers. We had an issue with Malwarebytes 3.0 and High Sierra betas, and Apple never alerted us at all. However, it's also worth noting that we spent a lot of time trying to fix one particular problem, only to have the problem disappear in the very last High Sierra beta.

So, we're aware of the issues with Mojave, but also don't have reason to believe yet that this is anything other than an OS bug that will hopefully disappear in a future beta.

I bugged the slowness to Apple and it seems a little faster in latest beta.

But I also bugged that I keep getting an beta update notice and it wont install.  Just hangs for hours.   Force quitting the update and then relaunching works.  I just cant run the update.  Apple responded to this one saying to talk to developers.   They said "We are not going to update our OS to update apps that violate our security terms"   I think Malwarebytes is trying to install things that were allowed in High Sierra but protected under Mojave.  Most likely it is one you can just ask the user to OK and not something were we have to disable SIP to install.

Malwarebytes works correctly as it was already working in the first beta of Mojave excluding the in-app upgrade that hangs on the form (the download of the update instead works) that I attach and no longer responds to any window command - only responds to the Malwarebytes menu: the only solution to unlock the situation the exit forced.

The exact same feedback has been sent to Apple

Thanks for your help

Regard

Massimiliano

Ps: For Thomas 

I send you the following files in a few minutes via a private message:

Malwarebytesinfo.zip
ForMalwarebytes.txt

106456890_Schermata2018-07-07alle16_14_30.thumb.jpg.4b13b78e329a2d8be56b8c76da5a9742.jpg

On 7/6/2018 at 9:49 AM, macjeff said:

They said "We are not going to update our OS to update apps that violate our security terms"

?

Wow. That's just wrong in so many ways. I'm not sure what the person you talked to was referring to. We're definitely not violating any of Apple's "security terms" unless they've decided to up the ante on installing kernel extensions, which would mean that entire classes of software are in violation. I suspect, though, that this was a misunderstanding from a low-level support tech.

In any case, we're definitely investigating the problem.

For Thomas 

Saturday I sent you, via private message, the following files generated on macOS Mojave:

Malwarebytesinfo.zip
ForMalwarebytes.txt

I have generated them with your tools

I hope they can help you.

Thank you and greetings

Massimiliano

Edited by MAXBAR1