Jump to content

Dr web security space android app.


Recommended Posts

Hi bros and sis, i would like to check on this anti virus as per above title (dr web security space). I have malwarebytes installed and it detect dr web security as possible ransomware, any one know whether is a false possible or? Thank you for your help in advanced.

KC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, from which source is Dr.Web?
Is this the Lite version, or is it a buy version? And with which smartphone did you specify that? The exact name and model is important here, which Android Os do you have? And what version of Malwarebytes for mobile has this supposed "infection" shown?

Please give us the mentioned information.

MAM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i have attached the pictures. Location of file seems error so just ignore it. You see the app logo and the file name on both. It detected it at first then i removed, so i couldn't retrieve, next moment i reinstall it to actually remove again and it detected. I'm using 8.0version above android.

Screenshot_20180624-020019.jpg

Screenshot_20180624-020315.jpg

Edited by Kckc0
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MAM said:

Hello, @ Kckc0

Please be patient, and wait for the experts to help you with your problem.

MAM

 

I have bitdefender and avg too. Deciding on dr web. However i was adviced to only pick ONE antivirus only. Which is the best in your opinion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion,ONLY  one AV program under an Android device. And always question the scan results ??? !!! 

For a tricky example:

Please be critical with the results, what such a tool comes to light!

And feel yo secure.

MAM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MAM said:

Sorry, I cannot give you a right answer in this direction. Trust in on Tool,   Think of the mistakes, in the programs ...

MAM

 

I can understand. I'll pick on my own.

Anyway i just uninstall AVG and malwarebytes detected the uninstalled avg.apk as possible ransomware. I think probably same goes for Dr Web, all false positive. However maybe experts can advice on these issues, for the Dr Web Security Space.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Hi @Kckc0,

From what source did you install?  This warning is from our advanced ransomware scanner.  Apps that have elevated privileges and that have been installed using side loading (anything installed outside of Google Play) are flagged as potential ransomware.

Installation from outside the Play Store plus elevated privileges are big red flags. Therefore, we warn our customers that a suspicious app was installed that displays ransomware like properties. It’s up to the user to ignore our warnings or not.

Ransomware is particularity dangerous, and this warning gives users the ability to cut it off before it’s too late.
Nathan

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Kckc0,

From what source did you install?  This warning is from our advanced ransomware scanner.  Apps that have elevated privileges and that have been installed using side loading (anything installed outside of Google Play) are flagged as potential ransomware.

Installation from outside the Play Store plus elevated privileges are big red flags. Therefore, we warn our customers that a suspicious app was installed that displays ransomware like properties. It’s up to the user to ignore our warnings or not.

Ransomware is particularity dangerous, and this warning gives users the ability to cut it off before it’s too late.
Nathan

I strictly installed everything from google playstore. So maybe is a false positive or maybe the malwarebytes just suspect possible but not confirm a ransomware. Hmm, any comments for this? Probably can be ignore if this is the case since it is from playstore. Or probably have to look into it further?

Additionally i would like to add on, the dr web security space android mobile app's firewall, does it support ipv6 ipv4 udp/tcp?

KC.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Hi @Kckc0,

I believe the detection may have something to do with Dumpster.  It appears Malwarebytes for Android believes the APK stored from /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.baloota.dumpster/files/.trash/ directory could be trying to side load, thus the alert.  It's not a false positive since the advanced ransomware scanner is properly alerting an app with elevated privileges in an odd location.  Nevertheless, I'm going to add a special exclusion for Dr Web that will be added to our database on Monday.

Keep in mind that removing the APK from that directory won't uninstall Dr Web.  That's just an extra copy sitting on your device.

Nathan

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Kckc0,

I believe the detection may have something to do with Dumpster.  It appears Malwarebytes for Android believes the APK stored from /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.baloota.dumpster/files/.trash/ directory could be trying to side load, thus the alert.  It's not a false positive since the advanced ransomware scanner is properly alerting an app with elevated privileges in an odd location.  Nevertheless, I'm going to add a special exclusion for Dr Web that will be added to our database on Monday.

Keep in mind that removing the APK from that directory won't uninstall Dr Web.  That's just an extra copy sitting on your device.

Nathan

Understood. I deleted all the extra copies. Dumpster was installed incase i deleted wrong files,photos,videos etc. Thanks guys for your help! Appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, Kckc0 said:

I strictly installed everything from google playstore. So maybe is a false positive or maybe the malwarebytes just suspect possible but not confirm a ransomware. Hmm, any comments for this? Probably can be ignore if this is the case since it is from playstore. Or probably have to look into it further?

Additionally i would like to add on, the dr web security space android mobile app's firewall, does it support ipv6 ipv4 udp/tcp?

KC.

 

Ok, just a update, Besides malwarebytes detected for such issue, Dr web security space detected dumpster as a advertisment malware.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.