LaurFlorin

[SUGGESTION] Create scanning cache to speed up the realtime protection

Posted (edited)

Hello.

I have been using MBAM for a few days now and I have noticed that it doesn't have a scanning cache.

I have used some other products which had this cache - meaning files once scanned or known good files

were added to a whitelist if they were clean and not scanned again unless they have been modified.

This improved performance a lot in realtime protection.

Is this a feature worthy of the next versions of MBAM?

Thank you!

Edited by LaurFlorin

Malwarebytes does cache a lot of the information for both scanning and real-time protection. Can you elaborate on why you think it doesn't?

1 minute ago, dcollins said:

Malwarebytes does cache a lot of the information for both scanning and real-time protection. Can you elaborate on why you think it doesn't?

Hi.

I don't see any explicit option or switch regarding this in Malwarebytes - most AV providers I used had an option (ticked by default) or a slider (selected by default) highlighting the option.

Also, I did have a slowdown on my browser today (Firefox) - even though I have an SSD - it seemed like moving in slow motion and reopening the app still didn't solve the problem - only after the PC restart did the lag go away. And since Malwarebytes is the mose recent major configuration change I made to my computer (I had Windows Defender), that's why I asked this here.

There's no configurable option for caching, it's all handled automatically.

As for the slowdown of Firefox, we have seen some slowdown issues with MB3, but nothing specifically browser related. If this happens again, it would probably best to grab some logs during the time the software is impacted so we can take a look. Logs can be gathered using the steps below.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    welcome mbst.png
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Upload the zip file in your reply