Jump to content
klauwkikker

These items are removed by adwcleaer. What are they

Recommended Posts

Just now did a scan using Database: 2018-06-15.3 and no longer detecting anything!...So, what happened?Should I be worried?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

Thanks all!

Can you confirm me that the issue is gone with `2018.06.15.1`? (it should be used automatically when you start scanning with AdwCleaner).

Thanks, and sorry for the issue. Please keep me posted if you have any question.

Yes fr33tux, the problem is solved. Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

Thanks all!

Can you confirm me that the issue is gone with `2018.06.15.1`? (it should be used automatically when you start scanning with AdwCleaner).

Thanks, and sorry for the issue. Please keep me posted if you have any question.

Ugh. Well, I restored the two files from the quarantine, then ran the scan again. The log says it deleted those files.

AdwCleaner[C10].txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 5:39 PM, simrick said:

Hi. I don't know if this helps or not, but it seems to flag on W10 v1803, and not on W10 v1709, even though the registry entries are indeed present in v1709.

that is wrong,i have 1709 on both machines that had it detected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

@Mumio

It's still the old database, you should get the updated one if you have a working network connection. Can you check again?

Edited by fr33tux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

@Mumio

It's still the old database, you should get the updated one if you have a working network connection. Can you check again?

i still have the two detected files in the quarantine.
so is it a false positive or not? so should i restore them or not?
cheers

 

Edited by fleks717

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so it indeed was a false positive yes? was it connected to the windows updates between the 6.6 and 14.6 just being curious here.
and they will not be detected with the new database anymore right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or well put differently...is there even a reason to restore them tho? my pc seems to work fine like before even with them being in the quarantine,whats the function of these false positives (i assume they are?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

It was an inactive rule. You can restore it if you want, but it's not in used and aren't required for you computer to work properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

@Mumio

It's still the old database, you should get the updated one if you have a working network connection. Can you check again?

Looks like it's all set now. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fleks717 said:

that is wrong,i have 1709 on both machines that had it detected.

Don't know what to say - was not detected on my v1709, only the v1803s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 3:45 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

It was an inactive rule. You can restore it if you want, but it's not in used and aren't required for you computer to work properly.

alright,what exactly is it for? what is its purpose?
cheers again,im rather curious ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ány update to what the detect is exactly? i still didnt restore them from quarantine yet as theres no additional information if you should or not and what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

It's a Firewall rule, that isn't used, but you can restore it in order to get back to the exact situation you were in before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 9:57 PM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

It's a Firewall rule, that isn't used, but you can restore it in order to get back to the exact situation you were in before.

is there any difference for my system if i dont restore it tho?
if it isnt used anyhow i might aswell dont restore it as its one restart less for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.