WildCard65

MalwareBytes blocking ShellShock Live (Steam Edition)

Thanks for the update @WildCard65. We did find a secondary issue that may be going on, by chance do you have another security software (like ESET, AVG, Avast, etc?). If so, can you try disabling it temporarily to see if the issue is resolved?

I did the same for Avast and added the game to the exclusion list. Same problem.

Edited by yizuman

Shellshock Live starts and runs normally in the new version which automatically installed today! Change of settings or deactivation of functionality is no longer necessary. Thank you!

Malwarebytes Premium version 3.6.1.2711

Component package 1.0.463

Update package 1.0.7167

Shellshock Live is blocked again. I have to disable Web Protection to connect to the game.

(same Malwarebytes version)

Component package 1.0.495

Update package 1.0.7729

Thanks for reporting the issue @u_li. We are able to replicate the problem in-house. Development team is currently working on a fix.

@u_li We have a new Beta Component version 1.0.505 which resolves this issue. Your system may have already been updated. If not, please update it manually. Once you have the new Beta, please enable Web Protection and check if Shellshock Live works for you.
Thanks!

Just FYI, to install the new beta you will need to enable beta updates if you haven't done so already.  There is a switch for this to toggle on located under Settings>Application near the bottom of the tab.  Once enabled, scroll back to the top of the same tab and click on the Install Application Updates button and allow it to download and install the new update.  Once complete, restart your system to verify that all the new components are loaded into memory and then test to verify that the issue has been resolved.

Yes, update component 1.0.505 does allow me to connect to Shellshock Live with Web Protection enabled @MoAl. Thank you very much! And thanks for the hint @exile360, I did already have Beta updates enabled.