freebitco.in being blocked

wetsuit

13 hours ago, broke_tradah said:

Thats the problem Cur53dWolf.  Hidden mining doesnt show up as a "problem".  It's hidden.  The users simply dont know it's happening unless something like Malware tells them about it (which it's obviously been doing).  So it's not surprising that you've never had issues with it.  I know that TheQuinN asked people to come here and plead their case that it's "legit",  but the problem with that is that these users dont have any clue what a hidden miner is let alone what it does.  So those "testimonials" should be viewed as invalid imo :)

There is no hidden miner on freebitco.in, I have the site open in my mobile for almost over 6 months+ now and neither I've seen any mining done in background on system(Desktop/laptop), Malwarebytes block is just a false positive! 

Its not a false positive because it has done hidden mining in the past and this isnt an new issue.  It's been brought up before but the posts about it get deleted in the btc forums as "off topic" when in actuality they are deleted simply because the thread starter doesnt agree with or want people to know about it.  The whole idea behind a hidden miner is that its NOT detectable.  The mining is also random,  so it doesnt appear (the JS file literally isnt requested) EVERY time and thus thats why it's so difficult to catch.  Thus,  it's no surprise to anyone that normal users such as yourself hadnt noticed it.  It often takes getting blocked by an app such as Malwarebytes for people to realize something has been going on.  This clearly isnt a "hacking" issue either as wetsuit has not made any such claims that his server has been hacked (although I suspect that claim may be forthcoming if he cant get his site unblocked).

Here is something you may not know either.  The site reloads itself EVERY hour.  Therefore it has a chance to load a miner,  run it for an hour,  and then it simply just disappears before the user ever even notices it.  Have you ever wondered why the site reloads itself EVERY hour even though it's not necessary to do so with the advent of Ajax (which it does use,  yet it still unnecessarily reloads the page with no-cache at the top of every hour like clockwork).  Now you know why it's been doing that.  There is simply NO technical reason for the site to reload itself EVERY hour.  Period.  None.  I dont care what wetsuit comes up for an excuse.  The ONLY plausible reasoning for it would be that the site is attempting to hide something and that something would be the random miner that has shown up in the past.  I've seen it with my own eyes as I always have my CPU monitor in the system tray.  I also just happen to be a security analyst :)  So I knew what was going on.  Personally it doesnt bother me because I know what its doing and how to stop it,  but I'm not representative of the normal pool of users and I know if I told them what he was doing,  they wouldnt agree with what he was doing.  Malwarebytes is doing its part in helping those normal users combat what he does.

My personal opinion of hidden mining is that its a good replacement for ads (something freebitco use to have a lot of but has since disappeared).  However it seems to be that the majority of the population doesnt like this and the virus/malware scanners are doing what the masses tell them that they want.  I think if most people had no issue with hidden mining (also known as Cryptojacking in the security industry) then the scanners probably wouldnt do anything about it,  but that just isnt the case.

Edited by broke_tradah

On 6/29/2018 at 9:38 PM, MysteryFCM said:

The block is being removed. However, it will be monitored and should the miner return, it will be blocked again.

Thanks for letting us know.

I apologise for the muppet troll spamming your forum, he has learning difficulties and enjoys talking to himself.

• 3 years later...
  • Root Admin

I have no idea about the site or the email from them. I'm just saying that if you exit out of our program or uninstall our program that will ensure that it is not related to our program.

You may need to contact them to work with them as to why you're not getting an email.