wetsuit

freebitco.in being blocked

Hello

I have received reports from my users that freebitco.in is being blocked by MalawareBytes and the following message is being shown: "Your Malwarebytes Premium blocked this website because it may contain riskware. We strongly recommend you do not continue."

Could you please let me know the reason for the blocking and this message so that I may rectify it?

Thank you.

We do not use any coin mining scripts on the website currently. Previously we had an optional miner that would only start if a user activated it but the link to that page was removed from the website a while ago. The web page for mining hadn't been deleted until now but I have just deleted it. Could you please check again.

What is the reason not to unblock this site? What you describe as Trojan.CoinMiner is not a Trojan. It is not malware that is disguised as legitimate software. It is a piece of software that does exactly what it says it does. It also requires the user to acknowledge that they wish it to run.

Regardless of that the software is no longer on the site so I can see no reason for you not to remove the block.