CraigS

Mbam & AT&T Hm Pg Load Block

We have identified the root cause of the issue and HTTP vs HTTPS should not matter. It will be fixed in our next release however.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, Unicore said:

No, neither HTTP://att.start.net nor HTTPS://att.start.net will load with Malwarebytes Component package version 1.0.374 installed.  Also, it makes no difference if the HTTPS Everywhere Extension is installed in Firefox.  The problem is within Malwarebytes.  My solution thus far has been to drop att.net as my home page and I'm now using msn.com until Malwarebytes gets this problem solved. 

Really sorry I Mis-typed the URL .... It's -- https://start.att.net.

Maybe no difference but try again IF you can.

49 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Really sorry I Mis-typed the URL .... It's -- https://start.att.net.

Maybe no difference but try again IF you can.

Using https://start.att.net or http://start.att.net both Firefox and Chrome hang up on "Waiting for static.jade.synacor.com...".

This issue should be fixed in our beta that was just released. You can download the beta by going to Settings -> Applications and toggling on the beta option. After a little while, you should get the beta version which is Component Package 1.0.390 and this should hopefully resolve the issue. Please let us know.

If you don't want to try the beta, the full release should be out soon based on feedback from beta users.

beta2.png.3649b475fbbd78987232182ef09eb6d6.png

5 hours ago, dcollins said:

This issue should be fixed in our beta that was just released. You can download the beta by going to Settings -> Applications and toggling on the beta option. After a little while, you should get the beta version which is Component Package 1.0.390 and this should hopefully resolve the issue. Please let us know.

If you don't want to try the beta, the full release should be out soon based on feedback from beta users.

beta2.png.3649b475fbbd78987232182ef09eb6d6.png

•  

dcollins,

I updated to Component Package 1.0.390 and still need to disable "Web Protection" to load my home page. Nothing has changed.

I see "Waiting for start.att.net..." on the lower left of my browser window.

When I disable MB Web Protection, my home page loads immediately.

Here is a screen shot of my MB Version Information.

628664977_MBComponentPackage1.0_390.thumb.JPG.113bfa3b212b7065bbc661d07ff7073a.JPG

Stay Safe,

Bruce

Edited by WetLook

@WetLook can you try rebooting your machine to see if that makes a difference, and if it doesn't, please grab the logs mentioned in the thread below so we can take a look

I, too, can Confirm AT&T Hm Pg Loading with Component Pkg 1.0.390.

Forgot I had Beta App Updates "ON" so I don't know IF a Re-Start was Required/part of my success. Hopefully Re-Start works for WetLook.

Thanks for the Solution although a back-dated .365 was Loading.

To CraigS.   Thank you for that confirmation.  Just by the way, Restarting the browser ( at minimum) is always, IMHO,  a good practice.

I have rebooted my machine and am still having the same problem.

I have Windows 7 Pro, all updates are current.
Also "Logs have been uploaded successfully!".

Awaiting support response.

dcollins,

I gave you a PM just now, with my email address.

Thanks dcollins for your help.

Have a great weekend and 4th of July.

This is taking a while for this issue and I am a paying customer also. What is the latest update for this issue?

Edited by WetLook

We just released a new version of the Beta that is designed to fix  this issue. Can you go to Settings -> Application and click Install Application updates to get the latest version (should be 1.0.391)

dcollins,

I updated to the latest version 1.0.391 and am now able to load my home page http://start.att.net/

I have all my MB protection turned on, Web, Exploit, Malware, and Ransomware Protection. 

I hope this fix is included in future updates.

Thank you very much dcollins!

Stay Safe,

Bruce