NETIO.SYS BSOD

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

Thanks for the logs @martin82531. Unfortunately no updates, and in our current beta we were not able to find a solution. That being said, your logs should help as we've had a few people say they've also experienced similar issues with the Blizzard app but were unable to get full logs.

For the time being, you can disable Web Protection and install the Browser Extension to keep you safe while browsing websites. Firefox Extension or Chrome Extension

Edited by dcollins

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dcollins said:

Thanks for the logs @martin82531. Unfortunately no updates, and in our current beta we were not able to find a solution. That being said, your logs should help as we've had a few people say they've also experienced similar issues with the Blizzard app but were unable to get full logs.

Thanks, if there's anything else I can provide please let me know. Also happy to test any "beta" solutions if they become available.

4 hours ago, dcollins said:

For the time being, you can disable Web Protection and install the Browser Extension to keep you safe while browsing websites. Firefox Extension or Chrome Extension

You're no longer advising downgrading to 3.4.5?

Well just like all the other times when I posted that I had not had a BSOD after changing something blam. 

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sun 7/8/2018 4:18:55 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!longjmp+0x5FF9)
Bugcheck code: 0x4A (0x7766991A, 0x1, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800E184CA0)
Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

No idea and do not want to enable Web protection. I have seen enough BSOD in the past month and half and will await further confirmation. If that is forth coming only time will tell whether in fact the issue is fixed once and for all

Just a heads-up, after installing the latest updates from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), the problem persists.  No change in BSOD behavior.

- Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4230204)
- Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4343669)
- Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4338819)

OOps spoke too soon BSOD numero deux. Was in the process of copying the Memory.dmp to temp storage when system BSOD 2nd time within 15 minutes. Lost memory.dmp file from first BSOD. In order to preserve what sanity I have left I have disabled ALL protection in MBAM and have disabled it from loading on startup of Windows.

10 minutes ago, frozen said:

OOps spoke too soon BSOD numero deux. Was in the process of copying the Memory.dmp to temp storage when system BSOD 2nd time within 15 minutes. Lost memory.dmp file from first BSOD. In order to preserve what sanity I have left I have disabled ALL protection in MBAM and have disabled it from loading on startup of Windows.

I can't really blame you and give you credit for enduring the BSOD failures this long! Hopefully MB techs have enough data on this problem at this point to be able to debug the issue.

Edited by bill_k

Just another one today... I am really fed up with those BSODs... This is a PC that my work and professional reliability depends on, and I cannot risk losing any files. So, I deactivated the MB Premium license and reverted to MB Free with all Real-time protection OFF.

I am so disappointed with Malwarebytes this year... :(

Hey guys, I found out that the Malwarebytes browser extensions I referred to previously for Chrome and Firefox actually do use the same databases as Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3, so you don't lose as much protection as I initially thought when using the plugins alone without Web Protection active.  It will only shield your browser though of course, so that's still a downside, but since the vast majority of blocks come through browsing anyway, there's really not a whole lot of difference, especially if you use a software firewall (even the Windows Firewall built into the OS).  For anyone who missed them, the browser extensions are available at the following links and they block not only the same sites that Web Protection does, but also block many other threats via signature-less behavioral detection including tech support scam sites/lockscreen browser pop-ups, phishing sites, clickbait links, ads as well as many trackers to protect privacy:

Chrome
Firefox