Hi Gatacca,

In my previous comments, i gave a trusted link for the 3.4.5 version.

Regards Ben

FYI it has been a day without BSOD after uninstalling Eset NOD32. This does not mean that Eset was indeed the issue since in the pas month of BSOD I have seen this system continue for a couple of days without one and then out of the blue BLAM!

If I have to come down to a decision on whether I leave MBAM installed on this system or reinstall Eset NOD32 without MBAM sorry to say but right now I am leaning towards Eset.

Understood, and I appreciate your follow up. We believe we found the root cause, but are still working on a solution

Hi, I was having the same issue during the last few weeks and found out that turning off real-time protections stopped the BSODs. I turned them on today and got the netio.sys bsod again after some time. My dmp files are here and the mbst log files in the attachment. Hope this gets fixed soon.

edit: Turned off real time protections again after the bsod so they are probably shown as off in the logs but they were on before the bsod if it helps.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by fizbo

I'm appending this here since it is related to the BSOD.  After a number of BSOD, I uninstalled and then used the MWAB "cleaner" to remove all traces from my test VM. Since that time I have been unable to reinstall either the 3.5.1 or last attempt the 3.4.5 versions.  Here's what the Windows logs say.   So I'm thinking this is all related.   Maybe this helps with all the BDOD too.  At this point, I have no way of re-installing MWAB on my test VM until this is hashed out.   Thanks!

Faulting application name: mb-support.exe, version: 1.1.2.471, time stamp: 0x5b1acb80
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0xc863c6f9
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0010db52
Faulting process id: 0x238
Faulting application start time: 0x01d40a828d7d1942
Faulting application path: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mwbC70C.tmp\mb-support.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 589862df-e0c9-4759-99a3-215bfcc550fd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Well, I finally broke down today and turned real time protection off. 

Gattaca, due to your inability to reinstall 3.5.1, I am holding off on removing the current MBAM.

DCollins, Malwarebytes process of keeping customers informed of progress and expected solutions is sub-par. Seems that nothing has changed in the last year on how Malwarebytes addresses issues.

55 minutes ago, ColoradoGuy said:

DCollins, Malwarebytes process of keeping customers informed of progress and expected solutions is sub-par. Seems that nothing has changed in the last year on how Malwarebytes addresses issues.

My feeling is the opposite. If this BSOD is related to Win 7 + 10 updates at the beginning of June then Malwarebytes could not have foreseen the issue. Ever since it was reported in the two threads, MB staff have been responding with advice along with collecting data and trying to find the cause (software developers are not magicians, they still need time to find and fix something like this). Working workarounds of disabling certain parts or using an earlier build were suggested. and then we were informed the root cause has found and is being fixed. I'm sure once a date has been set for the fix we will be notified here or elsewhere, but since these always take a finite amount of time (whatever the fix for whatever the software) we will need to be patient.

Box the issue does not occur if you did not update MBAM or if you are using an older version of the software. I know that because other Windows7 computers with Eset antivirus but older versions of MBam have never had BSOD

I am about to reinstall NOD Eset32 here and either disable MBAM entirely or perhaps realtime at least. I have battled this issue for over a month now and initially blamed the issue on RemotePC 30 day trial so I stopped evaluating RemotePC.

10 minutes ago, frozen said:

Box the issue does not occur if you did not update MBAM or if you are using an older version of the software. I know that because other Windows7 computers with Eset antivirus but older versions of MBam have never had BSOD

Yes, I downgraded to 3.4.5 (fortunately I still had the install exe from when it was the latest version) and have not had any BSODs since.

7 minutes ago, frozen said:

I am about to reinstall NOD Eset32 here and either disable MBAM entirely or perhaps realtime at least. I have battled this issue for over a month now and initially blamed the issue on RemotePC 30 day trial so I stopped evaluating RemotePC.

I don't use RemotePC but I am running MBAM 3.4.5 happily with ESET.

EDIT: The issue seems to be related to v3.5.1 and the June Windows updates.

Edited by box

1 hour ago, box said:

Yes, I downgraded to 3.4.5 (fortunately I still had the install exe from when it was the latest version) and have not had any BSODs since.

I don't use RemotePC but I am running MBAM 3.4.5 happily with ESET.

EDIT: The issue seems to be related to v3.5.1 and the June Windows updates.

It is strange then  that I have no BSOD for 4 days and I have still using 3.5.1 with all protection enabled  and still  have June Windows updates. Its MBAM 3.5.1 interacting with other security software (Eset NOD32) at least in my case on Windows7 here

Edited by frozen

Ah, ok. It looks like something else might be involved, I had thought the Win update was the common denominator.

I found this topic thanks to the guys at SysNative forums. Just wanted to add that rolling back to version 3.4.5 seems to have solved the issue. I reproduced the same steps that used to give me a BSOD daily and it didn't crash so far. Thanks Benvl for the tip.

Using Windows 7. Started getting BSOD last Wednesday and Thursday.  Was not online at the time BSOD occurred. Friday turned off Web Protection  as recommended here. No problems since. Do not have full memory dumps only mini.

I have Windows 7  Home Premium, and updated to MBAB 3.5.1.2522 on 6-14 and the Windows update below.

2018-06 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4284826)

Installation date: ‎6/‎14/‎2018 12:41 PM

I also performed an optional update on 6-15 at 9:08am, see below;

2018-05 Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4103472)

The first BSOD happened at 8:49am 6-15, the next one came at on 6-22 at 6:20pm, and the last one came on 6-23 at 4:07pm.

I tried to update my graphics driver via Windows optional update twice on 6-15, but it failed.

As of now, I have Real Time Web protection off and will wait for a fix. Will I be spared from a BSOD?

As for uploading the dmp file, I'll wait until after my grandchildren go home later today. I need to have a little peace and quiet before I start a task like that. But seriously now, the last fiasco that happened was due to MB.

I have has this problem also and so many blue screens. I have gone to services.msc and disabled and stopped Malwarebytes Premium. I'll wait until someone irons out the bugs.

I used "WhoCrashed" to read and interpret the Minidump files. Could not believe that MBAM was a cause. Unfortunately, Minidump files have been cleaned up by either Windows or CCleaner.

I

17 minutes ago, wildtales said:

I have has this problem also and so many blue screens. I have gone to services.msc and disabled and stopped Malwarebytes Premium. I'll wait until someone irons out the bugs.

I used "WhoCrashed" to read and interpret the Minidump files. Could not believe that MBAM was a cause. Unfortunately, Minidump files have been cleaned up by either Windows or CCleaner.

I

Does the free trial version of "WhoCrashed" work? Using Blue Screen it doesn't show what program, only shows the driver, which is NETIO.SYS

@1776blues

"WhoCrashed" Home Version v6.01 was better and easier for me than "BlueScreenViewer".

In Windows options I have disabled "Automatically Restart" after a crash. Sometimes the BSOD appears for only a second and PC restarts. If this happens there is  no DMP file written.

Better off waiting for the blue screen reach 100% then manually shutting down and restarting.

9 minutes ago, wildtales said:

@1776blues

"WhoCrashed" Home Version v6.01 was better and easier for me than "BlueScreenViewer".

In Windows options I have disabled "Automatically Restart" after a crash. Sometimes the BSOD appears for only a second and PC restarts. If this happens there is  no DMP file written.

Better off waiting for the blue screen reach 100% then manually shutting down and restarting.

Thanks for the info, I do have Auto restart disabled. When the BSOD hits, I just restart the PC. For now I have real web protection disabled as that was suggested in this thread. The last fiasco with MB, I disabled the whole program almost immediately when I found out the cause and waited for the fix.

Edited by 1776blues
correction

Thanks for all the reports. Our diagnosis has found what we believe to be the issue, but we still are working on a solution. There is no specific software that will trigger the blue screen with Malwarebytes, but a number of pieces of software depending on how they interact with the internet on your machine. We are still triaging for a solution. As mentioned by others, downgrading to 3.4.5 should resolve the blue screens if you are experiencing them.

I know this is just fluff after the storm has already been reported, but I as well am having this issue.  Windows 10 Professional with the latest Malwarebytes version.  I have to completely disable the program.  It typically does not occur when sitting at desktop, but if I start a program that uses network access, within 3-5 mins, the BSOD triggers.  Same as the others...

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys

@Signal5 some people have indicated that disabling realtime protection fixes it. Myself I have gone back to 3.4.5 on Windows7 here

Edited by frozen

This issue is from the Web Protection driver. If you disable Web Protection, the issue should go away. Downgrading to 3.4.5 should also work as it uses an older version of the driver that doesn't have this issue.