NETIO.SYS BSOD

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

same issue here , win 10  version 1803 , random blue screens with MBM netio.sys .

On Wed 6/13/2018 2:28:33 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061218-36000-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF8072CD6714C)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8072CD6714C)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 6/13/2018 2:28:33 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mwac.sys (mwac+0x915B)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8072CD6714C)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
product: Malwarebytes Web Protection
company: Malwarebytes
description: Malwarebytes Web Protection
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mwac.sys (Malwarebytes Web Protection, Malwarebytes).
Google query: Malwarebytes DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed another problem, it may be related in a lose sense, I have many music applications, some of these are apps that connect to the internet from the developers site which allows me to download my purchased apps. I booted up the Output hub on my desktop it loaded then closed, I then tried again did the same, I disabled malwarebytes and it opened, so I added it to the list of exclusions including web as it connects to the web and it still closed, I then turned off web protection and it loaded up fine. The hub software can be found here on the developers site if you want to see if it loads for you while using malwarebytes https://output.com/hub 

Cheers
Ryan

Hello

I've been experiencing a similar issue on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

When I try opening Windows Live Mail I get blue screened and shown one of the following error messages

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (NETIO.SYS)

&

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS)

After reading one of the post above I switched off my real time protection and I was able to open Windows Live Mail without blue screening. When I switched real time protection back on and tried starting Windows Live Mail it blue screened.

Following the instructions given by the dcollins I've attached my malwarebytes logs and a will add a we transfer link so you can download my crash dump file.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8366af756d903e621b3e175f6bdc749820180615190420/d1ee8c1fe9c7d631eaa2daa777d4c34020180615190420/4aa1ba

Let me know if you need any thing else to help figure out this odd issue.

I should note that I originally came to the threads to see if anyone else has been experiencing an issue where they real time protection turned itself off and couldn't be turned back on without first quitting the program and restarting they PC/laptop. Not sure if it could be related to this issue or not but I figured best mention it just in case.

mbst-grab-results.zip

mbst-grab-results.zipI have also been experiencing BSOD and placed the blame initially on RemotePC https://www.remotepc.com/enterprise.htm that i am trialling. It seemed that when this software was installed the old AMD Win7 x64 system would BSOD within a day of installation. One day I had 3 BSOD. Uninstalling RemotePC seemed to help . Then I tried having RemotePC installed but disabled all MBAWM 3.5.1.2552 and closed it down on Windows startup. I have been using RemotePC Enterprise trial for 5 days now and no BSOD.

https://we.tl/IQv5CHJdCj

mbst-grab-results.zip

052918-18330-01.dmp

052918-18595-01.dmp

052918-23150-01.dmp

061318-23244-01.dmp

Edited by frozen
Inserted additional memory dumps

On 6/14/2018 at 12:10 PM, benvl said:

Hi,

I think it is related to the latest windows update, since this update the current release has problems. I would prefer to keep the windows and reverted the first previous release.

I had the same problem and reverted to previous version of malewarebytes . Problem solved

https://www.filehorse.com/download-malwarebytes-anti-malware/old-versions/

Running Malware Premium ver. 3.5.1.2522 on w7-Pro-SP1.

Has been experiencing same issues as w8.1 and w10 posters on this thread .. NETIO.sys BSOD

This started 6-10-18.

First I thought is was caused by network adapter issue because I also had black screen lockups (hard reboot recovery).

I do NOT run any type of Hibernation / sleep (all turned off)

Then I read mini dumps via "Blue Screen View" and both BSOD and Black screen locks (hard reboot recovery).

Both pointed to the same issues NETIO.sys.  All reports were identical except dates.

Early to night, got back from work and started up my compute / loaded to desktop  .. My son called to wish me a 

Happy Fathers Day. Over the 26 minutes (not touching keyboard) it BSOD … I Hard Rebooted, repeat.

Third time I just left at BSOD. After hour phone time with my son, got on my laptop and found this thread.

Found the suggestion to disable "WebProtection" So I again, Hard re-booted.

At desktop I immediately disabled ALL protection … Its now over 3 hours later, NO problems.

The following are some  "Blue Screen View" output info …. (all dumps identical except the time)

Bug check - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_ EQUAL

Bug Check Code - 0x000000d1

Caused by Driver - NETIO.SYS

Crash Address - ntosklm.exe+72c80

END QUOTE

Will continue to monitor this thread for solutions.

Thanks 

After a couple of days running version 3.4.5 without any problems, I got notified by Malwarebytes on the screen that there was an update. Knowing that i could always revert back i tried this update. Now running version 3.5.1 without BSOD for 3 hours.

Hope problem is solved

Just got the bsod again, so stay away from version 3.5.1.2522

Edited by benvl

16 minutes ago, benvl said:

After a couple of days running version 3.4.5 without any problems, I got notified by Malwarebytes on the screen that there was an update. Knowing that i could always revert back i tried this update. Now running version 3.5.1 without BSOD for 3 hours.

Hope problem is solved

Just got the bsod again, so stay away from version 3.5.1.2522 Now installing 3.4.5.2467

Hi everyone, just heard back from our engineers and unfortunately the dumps we have so far aren't helpful. If possible, can you please turn on Complete Memory Dumps by doing the following:

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog
  2. Type systempropertiesadvanced in the box and click Ok
  3. In the box that comes up, click the third Settings box. It should be in the "Startup and Recovery" section
  4. In the "Write debugging information" section at the bottom, change the dropdown to Complete Memory Dump and click ok
  5. Reboot the computer and wait for the blue screen to happen
  6. Once the blue screen happens, reboot and zip up c:\windows\memory.dmp and then use wetransfer.com to generate a download link

Thanks for all the help here

38 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Hi everyone, just heard back from our engineers and unfortunately the dumps we have so far aren't helpful. If possible, can you please turn on Complete Memory Dumps by doing the following:

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog
  2. Type systempropertiesadvanced in the box and click Ok
  3. In the box that comes up, click the third Settings box. It should be in the "Startup and Recovery" section
  4. In the "Write debugging information" section at the bottom, change the dropdown to Complete Memory Dump and click ok
  5. Reboot the computer and wait for the blue screen to happen
  6. Once the blue screen happens, reboot and zip up c:\windows\memory.dmp and then use wetransfer.com to generate a download link

Thanks for all the help here

No such option on this Windows7 x64 w 8GB Ram for Complete Memory Dump

FYI re missing Complete Memory Dump I now have it enabled here on Windows7. I came across this registry setting that was set to 2 and had to be set to 1 as that option was not available via the normal pulldown . I also configured the page file to slightly larger than the 8GB of RAM in this system as I seen other articles that the page file had to be set to amount of memory + 1 MB for complete memory dumps to work.

Well came back to my Windows7 computer and discovered that it had BSOD see screen shot. I rebooted the computer and discovered that no Memory.dmp was written out to c:\Windows. The only dmp file was from last week. This is even though Windows show complete memory dump option is selected.

IMG_0694.JPG