NETIO.SYS BSOD

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Sure, no problem at all, I just wanted to keep it separate since this thread is dealing specifically with BSODs that were being caused by the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes (which thankfully seems to be fixed with the latest release).

Looks that way but every time someone bumps this thread I hold my breath.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, exile360 said:

Yes, the BSOD issue has been fixed, however you have to have the latest version to get the fix, which means it must show the following under Settings>About:

Latest.png.bf25c99a60c0f1c70702436e0e0bed57.png

I would suggest reinstalling the program.  It sounds like the installation got corrupted when it was trying to do the upgrade.  To do so, download the installer from here and run it and once the install completes restart the computer, then open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and click on the Install Application Updates button.  Allow it to install any available updates, then see if it now works correctly and verify the program version info by comparing it to the above image and hopefully, as long as the installation went OK, the issues should now be resolved.

Mine is 1.0.365 and it doesn't update further than that. Says there aren't new updates. I swear, if it crashes on me again, I will only update when I see a proper update like 4.0

Update: I downloaded the version from the link you provided for the guy with the corrupted instalation and it did updated to the 1.0.421. Let's see how it goes :)

Edited by Sailor_Palutena

• Solution

This issue is now confirmed fixed by a large percentage of our user base. If you're still having issues, please make sure you on the latest version of Malwarebytes (at the time of this article, it's Malwarebytes 3.5.1.2522 with Component Package Version 1.0.441).

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 10.10.46 AM.png

If you continue to have issues after that, please make a new post using the following as a guideline