NETIO.SYS BSOD

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

Yes, it crashed because you aren't running the beta version where this issue has been fixed.  To resolve the issue you would need to install the beta by opening Malwarebytes and navigating to Settings>Application and scrolling down the tab until you find the Beta Application Updates section and enable the setting beneath it, then scroll back up near the top of the tab and click on the Install Application Updates button which should download and install Component Package version: 1.0.418 which is the beta build where the BSOD issue should be resolved.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the bug is an issue in the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes 3 which interfaces with the network stack so it can definitely cause temporary instability in other drivers that share the network stack, like some of the drivers used by Avast! so it's entirely possible for it to cause that, however now that you have the beta installed the crashes shouldn't occur any more, but please let us know if any issues do occur.

5 hours ago, pomak249 said:

I did the actions for downloading the beta version but still got 3.5.1.2522 and component package 1.0.365 ?? I have Premium. Any ideas?

You have to enable Beta Application Updates (available with Premium Only) and then click on Application Updates. Once you have the beta installed you can turn off the Beta Application Updates if you wish.  See this quick video on how to do that if you need help.

Edited by Firefox

8 minutes ago, Nirjonadda said:

I am using Component Package version: 1.0.421 then does BSOD issue resolved for me ?

ScreenShot00167.png.10c1a0528729c8e697b83038720dd043.png

They must have released another beta update, I just checked and indeed it updated to CU 1.0.421 (I do not see an announcement of it at this time) but I would assume that they incorporated more fixes and it should resolve the BSOD issue as well.

EDIT: Actually it seems its not a beta but an actual release and my Malwarebytes (which does not have beta downloads enabled) just downloaded to this version.

Edited by Firefox

The fix has been released and is no longer in beta.  You can check to verify that you have the latest version by opening Malwarebytes and looking under Settings>About and it should show the following version information:

Latest.png.c7d9272ad4210d38773c7509bf718b21.png

If it does not show this version information then go to Settings>Application and click on the Install Application Updates button and it should then download and install the latest component update package.  Once complete, verify the About info once more to make sure, and once it matches the issue with the NETIO.SYS BSODs should be resolved and you can keep Web Protection enabled.

You likely need to click on the Install Application Updates button again as sometimes it doesn't seem to fully download/install the most recent component package.  I had that happen on my own system and had to have it try again.  It should show that it is downloading and then installing the update and once it finishes your version info should match my own.

5 hours ago, exile360 said:

You likely need to click on the Install Application Updates button again as sometimes it doesn't seem to fully download/install the most recent component package.  I had that happen on my own system and had to have it try again.  It should show that it is downloading and then installing the update and once it finishes your version info should match my own.

I did that and it did install the update. After that it said Malwarebytes need to restart to enable update.

Now when i start it it say mbam.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point

?setSceneGraphBackend@QQuickWindows@@SAXW4GraphicsApi@QS

GRendererInterface@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Qt5Quick.dll.

And it wont start anymore. Now its even worse than it was before.

I was waiting for the program to notify me there was an update, but evidently that was not to be. Anyway, I have updated the program as exile360 has instructed, however I'm a bit hesitant to enable the web protection. Okay, not a bit, rather a lot hesitant. Could it be lack of confidence combined with the fact I just updated Windows two days ago, which seem to have caused the BSOD's in the first place?

Edited by 1776blues

I was getting the BSOD with windows 7 and I rebuilt my computer, nothing happened so I thought all fixed, as soon as I installed MWB again the BSOD's started again.  I have now got every thing up to date and nothing disabled and no BSOD since doing this. I am pretty sure they have the problem fixed at least as far as I am concerned.

3 minutes ago, Exfso said:

I was getting the BSOD with windows 7 and I rebuilt my computer, nothing happened so I thought all fixed, as soon as I installed MWB again the BSOD's started again.  I have now got every thing up to date and nothing disabled and no BSOD since doing this. I am pretty sure they have the problem fixed at least as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the response and information. I'll test the waters later.

Yes, the BSOD issue has been fixed, however you have to have the latest version to get the fix, which means it must show the following under Settings>About:

Latest.png.bf25c99a60c0f1c70702436e0e0bed57.png

11 hours ago, reko said:

I did that and it did install the update. After that it said Malwarebytes need to restart to enable update.

Now when i start it it say mbam.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point

?setSceneGraphBackend@QQuickWindows@@SAXW4GraphicsApi@QS

GRendererInterface@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Qt5Quick.dll.

And it wont start anymore. Now its even worse than it was before.

I would suggest reinstalling the program.  It sounds like the installation got corrupted when it was trying to do the upgrade.  To do so, download the installer from here and run it and once the install completes restart the computer, then open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and click on the Install Application Updates button.  Allow it to install any available updates, then see if it now works correctly and verify the program version info by comparing it to the above image and hopefully, as long as the installation went OK, the issues should now be resolved.

5 hours ago, exile360 said:

I would suggest reinstalling the program.  It sounds like the installation got corrupted when it was trying to do the upgrade.  To do so, download the installer from here and run it and once the install completes restart the computer, then open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and click on the Install Application Updates button.  Allow it to install any available updates, then see if it now works correctly and verify the program version info by comparing it to the above image and hopefully, as long as the installation went OK, the issues should now be resolved.

It did work and it did install the latest version. No need to do Install Application Updates.

Ill report here if i still get BSOD.

Edited by reko