Malware scan finds same detection

Pirata

I have been doing a quick scan with malwarebytes a couple of times, and it keeps detecting rootkit.tdss. Any further info on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated. Also on my initial scan, Trojan.tdss was detected but I seem to have gotten rid of that.

This is my scan log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40

Database version: 2720

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

8/30/2009 11:55:49 PM

mbam-log-2009-08-30 (23-55-49).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 92362

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\skynetthosdyxi (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

For what it's worth, I had the same scan result (Rootkit.TDSS) after performing a full scan, and Mbam removed it for me with no sign that it has returned. That is, I have performed another full scan after restarting and the results were 0. I should mention that on Saturday I performed a full scan because I could just tell that something was affecting my computer negatively (odd pop-ups, a browser hijack). The result then was Trojan.TDSS. Malwarebytes seemed to have quarantined and removed it, but it was apparent that that wasn't true. The symptoms returned, and it became obvious as I was trying to clean it up that the crap was affecting my computers various security programs. It's a long story as to how I finally got to where it seems to be clean now, but I'm still wary being that this showed up as a rootkit which can hide itself pretty well, and not show up for a few days.

^^^

Malwarebytes also detected Trojan.TDSS as well, but I think it has been removed. However this rootkit.tdss appears after every quick scan I do and it is bugging the hell out of me. How did you get your computer completely clean???

Can anyone else help me out with this rootkit issue???

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!