EP freezes entire Mac on the latest macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi chaps, 

Yes, its only couple of days since WWDC and Beta release on Mojave, but I thought I will share the compatibility and some known issues we have experience with Beta so far.

The upgrade might fail and stop at 2min if Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection is installed. 

If you managed to work around and get into Desktop, it will freeze entire screen. NO CMD + TAB to escape is possible, including no backlight or volume. Completely freezes. 

Works on safe mode, so the only way to get your Mac up and running again is removing Agent from library manually. 

The logs shows this error in repeat. 

Jun  5 23:35:31 RK-Macbook-Pro EndpointAgentDaemon[1528]: objc[1528]: Class DDASLLogger is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent/EndpointAgentDaemon (0x1033b9da8) and /Library/Application Support/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent/PlugIns/epa.mac.plugin.assetmanager.plugin/Contents/MacOS/epa.mac.plugin.assetmanager (0x105de21b8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Hope this helps!

Edited by RKLimited
typo

I made this account just to thank for this post! I actually installed Malwarebytes after I updated to Mojave and I haven't been sign in to my computer for the last 4 days and your post helped me fix it.

Hi there,
I'm glad you solved your problem without wiping your entire Mac. Sorry for not explaining the process of removing agent in the Library manually, where it is etc. SO I guess you had to do a little bit of searching. 

This post was intended to raise attention for the developers. 

But I'm glad it helped!

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

That's correct.  Malwarebytes does not currently support any beta/unreleased OS versions for their products, so until Mojave is officially released, there's no guarantee that Malwarebytes will work with it.

FYI this is primarily because there are so often changes made last minute to an operating system between the final beta/RC versions and the final RTM version that designing their software to work properly in any pre-release build ends up not accomplishing much except extra work for the Developers where they end up having to go back to make changes anyway to make the software compatible with the final bits from the OS vendor.