exile360

Forum shows as containing unread topic after topic has been moved

There still appears to be some kind of issue with this.  This very part of the forums shows as having some unread content though I've previously marked the entire forum as read and have viewed every new thread/post since.  I don't see any moved topics so my guess is it's due to one of the deleted topics (which I can also see due to my access level, though none of those show as unread either).

I've cleared the cache and rebooted many times since the update so whatever this is, it's either new or just the same issue as before showing up again.  Either way it still isn't working as expected.

Issue confirmed by IPS. They have an internal bug logged for this issue. Hopefully, it can get addressed on their next update.

Any news on this? Just got one again and it is a PITA. 😐

No this probably will not be fixed until another version update from them. You can mark the entire site as read and that seems to fix it at least temporarily.

You may want to close this off as well - outstanding since March 2018. 😀

Are  you still seeing this issue? I've not seen it for a while now myself - but haven't been looking for it either.

Posted (edited)

I do recall seeing it not too long ago, but it's been a while since I've seen any topics moved out of any of the areas I watch on a regular basis so I don't recall exactly when it was, but most definitely within the past few weeks.  I'll keep an eye out for it though and let you know if I see it again.

Edited by exile360

The last I saw it was a couple of weeks ago.  I'll pay attention to see if it is still current.

Yes.  Seeing it Today.

Shows Unread Content....

Image.jpg.cbedb87d76d118a5a5ae552c3849c561.jpg

However...  All Content has been viewed.

Image.thumb.jpg.fecb8e6711044119457e643ca96a486d.jpg

Don't believe that is the same issue @David H. Lipman

That shows a link on purpose for 1 day by default on any topics that are moved. Looking in that same location after 24 hours or so that link indicator should be removed as well.

There is another segment to this issue where typically the forum read icon would show as not read even though it was.

Posted (edited)

It seems to be that issue to me.  The Sub-Forum heading shows unread content but when you dig into it there is no unread content,  You have to mark the Sub-Forum as Read.

Edited by David H. Lipman

The original issue for the 2nd part was that you couldn't click it to mark it as read. Nothing you could do would mark it read.

Let's pick this back up on Monday and see if those links are still there

Yeah, the issue was that once a thread was moved out of an area, the area it was moved out of would always show as having unread content unless you clicked the option to show the entire forum area as read.  I would expect the behavior to be that it stops showing as unread as soon as you click the redirect link within that area to view the moved topic.  I don't know if that's how it works now, but I'll keep an eye on it to see and will post here to let you know if the issue does come up again.

I will post whenever I see the problem. Bit out of wack today as we moved to daylight savings during the night (now have 5 time zones Down Under). 🙄

Well, spoke too soon. Got the error in MBAM 3 Support Forum. Have attached file for you. I had to mark Forum as read.

574290678_MBAM3SUPPORTFORUM.thumb.jpg.e151ade1ba246b8bd3f43cf43c9b9632.jpg

Interesting, I just checked and I actually didn't have the issue with that moved topic.  The MB3 area still shows as read, however I had viewed that topic prior to it being moved so that could be why.  However in the past, that wouldn't have made a difference and it still would have shown the area as still having unread content even if the moved topic had already been viewed so at least some aspect of this issue has been fixed.

I guess I'm missing what it is you're experiencing. 

In the red square area is where read/un-read indicators live.

On the red arrow - that is a known valid link. It was moved and the link will remain in place for 24 hours or so. It's not a fixed exact time.

So what exactly is your concern or issue here. Looking at the image I'm not seeing anything wrong.

image.png

Thanks

Ron

OK, I just confirmed it, the issue is back.  Oddly it did not recur until a second topic was moved from the MB3 support area and perhaps it is because I was a participant in the initial thread that was moved that caused it not to occur for me initially.  As you can see below, the MB3 support area is bold/bright indicating that it contains at least one unread topic:

unread.png.601f5d45376aa1de49340651cfd342b2.png

However, I made sure that I read every topic, including clicking each of the redirected/moved thread links just in case that was the issue (I added the question marks to the image to highlight them, obviously):

porque.thumb.png.ab8a96fd1727cd7251791879c3ad57c0.png

1 hour ago, exile360 said:

OK, I just confirmed it, the issue is back. 

I see the same. Sam just beat me to screenshots.

I will leave it up to the experts to work it out. I can live with it. I am able to read all other posts before the error shows. 😀