Error code

Cavian

Got this directly from Fixes for common problems and error codes

Error 732: Error updating the database or product. Check Internet connectivity.

I would make sure you are connected to the internet and that Internet Explorer is not working offline. If it is, it will say it in the titlebar of IE. To turn it off, click on the File menu and uncheck "Work offline".

Edit:

After some additional reading of that Error code thread, I found this as well:

ISSUE: I'm unable to update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware it either does nothing or I get an error 732

SOLUTION: Please first try the following and if that does not work then review one of the post for setting exclusions to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications

* This routine will confirm that Internet Explorer is set to the Online mode.Click on START - RUN and Copy/Paste the following into the run line (On Vista you can use the Search line) and click OK

CODE

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0

I hope this helps

You're positive Internet Explorer is running online and not offline? What version of MalwareBytes' are you running? What type of internet connection do you have? Has the update process ever worked for you?

Hoi,

I downloaded the latest version 1.40 ? . IE is not on line, my internet connection is ok and running. Update the program does not function, the program fails to connenct. My firewall (zone Alarm) has granted all permission. Strange is'nt?

Best regards

• Staff
Hoi,

I downloaded the latest version 1.40 ? . IE is not on line, my internet connection is ok and running. Update the program does not function, the program fails to connenct. My firewall (zone Alarm) has granted all permission. Strange is'nt?

Best regards

If IE is not online as you say, then updates will fail. IE must be installed and onliine.

Please refer to post #2 in this thread if you need to get IE (internet explorer) to "work online". Instructions are there

I did copy this line : REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0,

The thing is, I'm not using IE but Firefox, although IE is installed. (never discovered how to remove it from windows :) ).

Does'nt Firefox do the job?

Cheers

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware uses Internet Explorer to get its updates no matter what your default or preferred browser is. So it is imperative that you make sure it is working online.

Also, I am 90% sure it is not possible to remove Internet Explorer from your computer in Windows XP or Vista.

Good day everyone,

Well........,

I found out that IE was having trouble with the proxy server and fixed it. BUT now comes the party........ Internet Explorer is NOT running and Not up (on line) and my updates are running smooth and fast.

Strange?

Anyway, thank you all very much for your suggestions and best regards from The Netherlands