shadows19201

Malwarebytes not updating

Same problem here. Tried the fix DCollins suggested. It worked - for about 15-30 minutes. 

Now it's not working - the triangle exclamation point has returned

I definitely think this is a Malwarebytes issue

Same here on multiple machines.  Version 3.4.5 ... Maintenance mode shouldn't break it ... they should send out a general message the application can display then if that is the cause.

Edited by tend2it

No excuses for lack of notifications here, nor for a better way of informing in the program.  This is a facilities downtime in our main facility where several backend servers are located.  Air conditioning is being upgraded by external service personnel.  Employees are supposed to be notified when systems are up.  That hasn't happened yet.

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

No excuses for lack of notifications here, nor for a better way of informing in the program.  This is a facilities downtime in our main facility where several backend servers are located.  Air conditioning is being upgraded by external service personnel.  Employees are supposed to be notified when systems are up.  That hasn't happened yet.

Aaah so it has to do with installing new air conditioning? I take it those were turned off for the upgrade.

Yep.  Server rooms and AC systems run off same power source.  I just hope those people aren't paid hourly...

So this will resolve itself shortly I would hope. I suppose what customers want to hear is that its ok to have said explanation mark and that once power is resumed things will return to normal. Is that in fact what is being said just to be absolutely clear?? Thanks in advance for your reply. Sincerely Dobs

@DOBS yes this will resolve itself shortly. This is covered in the sticky post in this section, and has been linked a few times in this thread. Here's the link again: 

Thats fine thanks anyways on your reply it is much appreciated. Keep up the good work :)

HI, I do not know English very well, but from what I understand the fact that I do not update Malwarebites depends on a malfunction of your servers and that it will soon be repaired.

Just now, dcollins said:

Non un problema di funzionamento, di manutenzione previsto. Sì, dovrebbe essere risolto al più presto.

ok. good job

Hey mates, I'd like to know if after solved this problem with the servers, we'll have to load a new version of the MB or just look for new updates in the current version? Tks a lot 

Hey mates, I'd like to know if after solved this problem with the servers, we'll have to load a new version of the MB or just look for new updates in the current version? Tks a lot 

@ROP1982 no new version will be required. The updates will come organically if you have the default update options on, and if not, doing a check for updates will solve it. We'll follow up once the servers are back online so you know when to check.

11 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Not a malfunction, expected maintenance. Yes, it should be resolved soon.

So I take it that next time you conduct expected maintenance, knowing that this non-malfunction has taken place, you'll kindly notify your users in advance?

That would be the professional way of handling it, and would alleviate a lot of concerns.

I can't speak for what the next steps will be exactly, but the product teams are aware of the issues today and we will discuss what can be done to help alleviate user issues if something like this happens again.

3 minutes ago, dcollins said:

@ROP1982 no new version will be required. The updates will come organically if you have the default update options on, and if not, doing a check for updates will solve it. We'll follow up once the servers are back online so you know when to check.

Very well! MB stays the best program among all of this category :) see ya 

1 minute ago, Robaschi said:

Sì! Appena ricevuto i miei aggiornamenti!

Sul mio computer portatile in modo domani farò lo stesso per il mio PC!

Perfect! all right!