Chiming in, exact same thing here.  Logged on the computer for the first time today and was surprised to see the MBAM notification icon.  Updater runs for 2 or 3 seconds and then stops without updating.

Same issue for me. I started getting the error message with 3.4.5. I manually downloaded and installed 3.5.1 and it told me that my program was  up to date. Then 2 minutes later the out of date popups started again. Clicking on "Check for updates" does nothing.

Oh thank goodness, I was worried something broke with the latest update. Well, something probably did hence the maintenance.

I'm just glad it'll resolve itself soon.

28 minutes ago, dcollins said:

This is due to our maintenance, and it should resolve itself once our maintenance is completed

Thank you for clarifying. I am experiencing the same, I won't worry about it.

1 hour ago, spinoxin said:

Exactly the same problem reproduced also Version: 3.5.1.2522 and update package 1.0.5338

MALWAREBYTES 06-03-18 at 12.39 AM.JPG

Same issue.

The problem isn't that their db servers are down for maintenance. That is normal. The issue is the program is not coded to handle it properly. A simple flag on the server to let the program go on about it's business and wait for things to come back up. With a message explaining whats going on coming up for those trying to update manually. Then no one would be worrying and wasting hours of their bloody time removing and reinstalling the program to get it working.

Perhaps a status for the tray icon when you hover over it? Saying "Updates: Servers Under Maintenance".
Same for when you open the program too.

Edited by Robaschi

Yep, this is an unintended side effect. We will be sure to discuss this and see what improvements we can make in the future so we don't make users think something is wrong.

Having the same issue here. 3.4.5.2467

Error indicator on icon goes away for a few minutes after I restart the computer, but then comes back on. It will not update when "Check for updates" is clicked. Only get quick green bar, but nothing happens.

Two hours after this maintenance was supposedly being performed and still having the Updates not current issue. MBam should know how long this maintenance should take unless its a unscheduled down time to fix an issue.

I'm guessing it was something unscheduled. Something may have happened on their end that they're trying to correct ASAP.

10 minutes ago, Robaschi said:

I'm guessing it was something unscheduled. Something may have happened on their end that they're trying to correct ASAP.

Yup that is my guess as well

Well at least it didn't lock up everyone's system like the last time! ?

Edited by Phxflyer

Logged in due to this very same issue. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this issue. From shutting down MBAM and restarting to Uninstalling MBAM in safemode using mb-clean-3.1.0.1031, Restarting when prompted, Reinstalling MBAM and the problem reoccurred.

There is nothing that we as endusers can do to fix the no update available issue. Its all up to Malwarebytes to get their update servers / maintenance complete however long that takes.