99% CPU usage on two servers at exactly 7:07AM Central time

floppyraid

has a bad definition been pushed?

two servers, totally different clients/infrastructures/windows server versions

both reported offline this morning, when i could finally get into them i found they had 99% cpu usage.

killing mbam on the more critical server made everything go back to normal

im leaving the other server freaking tfo seeing if it rights itself, it isnt super critical

disregard. this appears to be a bizarre set of circumstances that caused this. our RMM tool puts a directory nested inside of c:\windows\

MBAM updated this morning at 4am. we didn't experience problems until 7AM this morning when the RMM tool attempted to update its agent. although we have exclusions for both the files and the folder in mbam, for whatever reason mbam had that file locked and the rmm tool couldn't replace it. this is what caused the offline alert (rmm agent was no longer sending heartbeats) and MBAM was stuck using 99% cpu locked in some sort of crazy loop.

the other server didnt seem to want to right itself so i killed the process on it as well. everything is back to normal.