I use android without the Google Play Store. Can I use and buy Malwarebytes premium without Google Play? Will it function correctly with GCM?

Can I purchase Malwarebytes within the app itself without having to go through Google?

The (actual) Amazon App store is not an option either. The Amazon app store relies on GCM and won't even install on my device.

Please make a version that does not rely on Google services (GCM, Google Play etc.) downloadable from malwarebytes.com. My organization does not have Google services on their android phones but we would like to use Malwarebytes on our android deployments. 

Is the only reliance Malwarebytes has with Google the Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for push notifications? (Aside from hosting the Malwarebytes app on Google Play).

Use Pushy instead of GCM (for one example). It is a replacement for GCM but each app developer must manually embed Pushy in their apps. Pushy cannot itself be flashed onto a non-GMS phone to replace GCM.

Malwarebytes app development should support devices without GMS, you can embed the Pushy SDK in your app and it will work on these devices, instead of using GCM.

I think there is a growing market for people and companies who do not want to use Google services at all. This one change would also be innocuous to those with Google services installed while giving "unGoogled" phones the ability to receive push notifications.

Even selling this app (downloadable from Malwarebytes) would be reasonable to help fund or pay for pushy fees of $.005 per device per month (unlimited puush notifications). However Malwarebytes could even host their own Pushy service which may be more feasible for cost and security stand point.

Some more information on Pushy:

Encryption - Pushy Pro plan uses plaintext MQTT to deliver notifications downstream to devices. Their Enterprise plan however is fully TLS encrypted in all communications to and from Pushy, including your servers to theirs

Opensource? - The Enterprise plan Some parts of their service is open source, others are not. Mostly their client SDKs are open source (but not the core Android SDK)

https://pushy.me/

Hello, well the version

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Android 3.3.0.8

is currently available!

You can download it here, https://www.techspot.com/downloads/downloadnow/6257/?evp=713defda3570a957a18a29841151a734&file=1

The results, from VT, ---> https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/44cfd4485f9cf6d46984d8c34710718057d865319f78cbd41a0ce0d55f5ee942/detection

But that does not really help you any further, you do not want to buy it in the Google Store, or am I mistaken?

BTW, You can also download a "Trial" version of Malwarebytes for mobile, in such a store, running for 14 days, or so....

Why won´t you not this App, buy in the Google Store?

MAM

My question is: Does Malwayrebytes rely on Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) or other Google services? Will the full paid version app work correctly without Google services on the phone?

Our phones do not have Google, Google Play Store, GCM etc. But we would like to use Malwarebytes antivirus if the app can fully function correctly without it.

I know I can download the app from other app stores, side load the app etc. Can I purchase the app within the app? Can I purchase the app from Malwarebytes if I have it installed? Can I download the app from Malwarebytes, pay for the app from Malwarebytes? Or again, do I need Google, Google Play, GCM etc. to process the payment and for it to function correctly?

Edited by bugbytes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Installing the Amazon App Store app without Google Play installed on the phone works, however Malwarebytes does not have its app available on the Amazon App store.

Can Malwarebytes make its mobile app availiable on the Amazon App store? Currently only Eset Anti-Malware and Comodo Antivirus  apps are on the Amazon App store.

Edited by bugbytes

• 1 month later...