wormwood1978

Malwarebytes vs. Kasperky and compatibility issues

Thanks for the update, we'll see if we can replicate on our end and see if there's anything we can do.

I believe and hope this will be my final update on this thread.  Malwarebytes appears to be working fine now with my 2018 Kaspersky Total Security.  I have 10 Malwarebyte exclusions listed in Kasperkey and I have to have the safe money feature in Kaspersky Total Security disabled.  With the the exclusions included and the Safe Money toggle switch turned off in KTS, I have no compatibility problems.  

1 hour ago, wormwood1978 said:

I believe and hope this will be my final update on this thread.  Malwarebytes appears to be working fine now with my 2018 Kaspersky Total Security.  I have 10 Malwarebyte exclusions listed in Kasperkey and I have to have the safe money feature in Kaspersky Total Security disabled.  With the the exclusions included and the Safe Money toggle switch turned off in KTS, I have no compatibility problems.  

I am pretty sure , with the right number of exclusions, everything is compatible with MBAM.

Now you have a malformed MBAM , "running good" side by side a malformed Kaspersky.... and you believe that you enhanced your PC security...

Edited by lock

Hello.

For what it's worth, I'm on KIS 2019, updated earlier this week from version 2018. I have upgraded over the old version, so my setup has not changed. I had absolutely no problem with version 2018 and I have no more problem today.

The only notable thing in my settings related to MB is this and I have no other exclusion :

1.PNG

Well if everything is working with KIS 2018 and Malwarebytes, what is the rush to convert to KIS 2019 and possibly lose some of the protections you otherwise have?  Makes no sense to me.

I'll probably wait for a few months myself while any bugs are being worked out.  I can't believe I have any less protection by staying with 2018 for a while instead of migrating to 2019 so soon.

Nothing seems to get by the combination of KIS 2018 and Malwarebytes.....the only mishap I had...was malwarebytes itself when it trashed my hard drive, I believe back in January?

17 hours ago, Davidtoo said:

I'll probably wait for a few months myself while any bugs are being worked out

There are no bugs to be "worked out" . Kaspersky routinely issues new updates to their product so is very likely that MBA will be incompatible again at a certain point.

Not to update Kaspersky to the latest 2019 only to accommodate MBAM is a bad idea.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:05 AM, lock said:

There are no bugs to be "worked out" . Kaspersky routinely issues new updates to their product so is very likely that MBA will be incompatible again at a certain point.

Not to update Kaspersky to the latest 2019 only to accommodate MBAM is a bad idea.

Can you explain this further..... why is not updating to kaspersky 2019 a bad idea... is 2019 any more secure than 2018?  I get there may be a few differences based on what I have read...but nothing substantive when it comes to preventing malware infections.

Okay, I downloaded 19...and now I am finding web traffic is much slower to load...so for now rather than turn off anything in Kaspersky, I will exit from Malwarebytes....Parenthetically, when I insalled 19, I did so over 18 so all of the previous exclusions in 18 are now in 19...will just wait for the Kaspersky patch.

Just FYI guys, a new build of Malwarebytes is also now available.  Component update 1.0.374 which includes the fix for performance issues with Ransomware Protection at the very least, and possibly more (I don't know the full extent of fixes yet).  If you don't have it already, you can open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Application and click the Install Application Updates button to get it.

Hello

With the new component, Kaspersky works well again and the navigation is normal

Thank you

That's excellent news, I wasn't certain if the changes would impact Kaspersky compatibility or not, so thank you for confirming.  I hope that these issues are resolved for everyone else as well.

Thanks, I downloaded the application and internet seems to be much faster now.  I do want to mention that when I tried to download the update, it indicated there were no updates, so I used the Clean tool and removed malwarebyes and reinstalled...it still reinstalled the component version before the very latest.  I tried downloading again from settings and again I was told no updates...so I paused Kaspersky protection which also turned off the kaspersky firewall... and it downloaded and updated fine.  I have all of the exclusions in Kaspersky and malwarebytes is a trusted program in Kaspersky application control, so I am not sure why the firewall, apparently, was preventing the download of the update.  But those using Kaspersky...you may want to note.

Edited by Davidtoo

Hi guys, I confirm, too, that the conflict between MBAM and Kaspersky Protection has been solved with the new component update, so, thank you very much! ??