Baldape

Is the MBAM add-on going continue to be available for everyone?

I really like your add-on and I'm wondering if it will continue to be available for everyone or will it only be available for MBAM users? The reason I ask is because I'm a Linux user and there isn't much antimalware products available for Linux, and of course this because malware is rare for Linux but its still nice to have something available for it. Heck I'd even be willing to pay about $2-5 a year for the add-on.

PS: I use Firefox.

Greetings :)

I'm not certain what the final plan will be for the browser add-ons at this point, however at least as far as I know, it is still possible that the add-ons will continue to be available to everyone once they come out of beta, though they might also be integrated into the Malwarebytes Premium package as well since they do enhance the Web Protection component included with it.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer something more definitive, but as I said, the plans for the add-ons haven't been finalized yet to my knowledge and I do know that the possibility of keeping them freely available to everyone is at least being considered so there's still hope that they will continue to be available to you even without a Malwarebytes Premium subscription.

@ exile360

Thanks for the reply. ? Well I certainly hope it will be available everyone even if you have to pay to use the add-on.  

Yep, me too.  In fact, I hope they do keep it free for everyone.  I've seen how effective it can be, especially with its behavioral blocking of tech support scams, one of the most common threats/scams found online these days and the add-on is really good at detecting/blocking them so I wish everyone had the plugin installed.  Of course, I also wish that there was a version for IE and other common browsers, but at least they're working on a version for Edge.