StroTech

Malwarebytes is keeping users from using excel feature to import data

When a user goes to the data ribbon to import From Text/Excel, the import fails due to a block from malwarebytes. Excel just closes with no error or anything. The Malwarebytes detection does not really give me a good idea of a particular service to add an exception for.

Capture.PNG.8f6697e4374b2224e346fdab4784af95.PNG

Alert Time: 5/23/2018 10:27:07 AM
Server Hostname: 
Server Domain/Workgroup: 
Server IP: 
Notification Catalog: Client
Description:
Exploit threat detected, see details below: 
5/23/2018 10:26:13 AM   Exploit code executing from Heap memory blocked BLOCK  Microsoft Office Excel C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE Attacked application: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE; Parent process name: explorer.exe; Layer: Malicious Memory Protection; API ID: 203; Address: 0xC84EED21; Module: ; AddressType: 0x00020000; StackTop: 0xCAA40000; StackBottom: 0xCA946000; StackPointer: 0xCAA3E9A8; Extra: 
Total count: 1.

Hi StroTech,

Thanks for reporting. I am going to send you a PM with some instructions to get logs. 

Hi StroTech,

We have pushed in a fix for this issue. Can you reboot the system/restart Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit service on one of the systems affected by the issue and let us know if its resolved. Thanks.

Hello, I am experiencing this same issue. When I select a known safe CSV file using text import, MalwareBytes reports as exploit and crashes Excel 2019.

Hey guys, I wanted to confirm that this has been resolved for you guys?

If not please just let us know I would like to continue assisting to get this resolved.