Help with possible trojan or miner

ah ok. I do have Team Viewer installed and I occasionali use it to connect to my home pc from the office. It does not start on start up thought. Should I remove team viewer for security matters or can I keep it?

Thank you for everything,

Andrea

• Root Admin

Please run the following and it will remove it for you.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Ron

• Root Admin

That should be good. I'll leave you a little information to read and go ahead and close up your topic soon.

At this time there are no more signs of an infection on your system.
However if you are still seeing any signs of an infection please let me know.

If there are any other leftover Folders, Files, Logs or programs used in the cleaning process you can delete them on your own.

Any other programs or logs that are still remaining, you can manually delete. (right click.....Delete)
IE: C:\FRST folder, FRST -OlderVersion folder, MBAR folder, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.

AdwCleaner also has a built-in uninstaller if you wish to remove.

As Java seems to get exploited on a regular basis I advise not using Java if possible but to at least disable java in your web browsers

How do I disable Java in my web browser? - Disable Java

A lot of reading here but if you take the time to read a bit of it you'll see why/how infections and general damage are so easily inflicted on the computer. There is also advice on how to prevent it and keep the system working well. Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. If you leave a backup drive connected and you do get infected it can easily damage, encrypt, delete, or corrupt your backups as well and then you'd lose all data.
Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education, you can certainly swing things in your favor.

If you're not currently using Malwarebytes Premium then you may want to consider purchasing the product which can also help greatly reduce the risk of a future infection.

Thank you and take care

Ron

Edited by AdvancedSetup

Hey Ron,

I am currently on subscription with Malwarebytes Premium ad for sure I will renew it once it expire. Your software is great and you are a great team.

I cannot thank you enough for your help, you were awesome!

Take care,

Andrea

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks